Following a period of restructure to best position the business for continued success, this global automotive manufacturer/distributor are seeking a highly experienced Customer Support/Customer Service Specialist to join their largest site in Stoke on Trent.
With significant opportunities for progression in a fast-paced environment where exceptional service is key, this position offers a fantastic opportunity to work with high-profile customers in a full-cycle role.
The ideal candidate for this role will bring exceptional communication skills, experience of providing excellent customer service in a demanding environment and a desire to hold a varied and busy role where innovation, diligence & going above and beyond are quickly recognised and potential realised.
Hours of work: 37.5 per week, Monday to Friday
To lead and continuously improve the sales order process from receipt of enquiry through to release of orders to production. Ensure prompt and accurate response is provided to customer questions relating to prospective or current active orders
Responsible for identifying and implementing solutions through Lean Manufacturing, within operational processes and improving efficiency which meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Acting as the first point of contact, maintain 100% on time, in full delivery to the customer through accurate planning and high-level communication.
- Analyse, understand & anticipate customer demand daily - Running SAP transactions to support this
- Manage the despatch process, raising pick lists and manifests to confirm load and delivery requirements for all customer collections / deliveries
- Challenge variations to customer demand/expectations
- Communicate variations to Production Planner, Materials Controller & Warehousing
- Maintain scheduling agreement and part master data.
- Obtain quotes and approvals for special transportation.
- Understand customer stocking policies, customer shut downs and holidays.
- Liaise with PC&L Team to share customer priorities.
- Liaise with Production Planner to ensure correct Stocking.
- Coordinate NPI, ensuring smooth delivery
- Ensure correct obsolescence process without inventory and cost impact to the business.
- Organise and liaise with other departments to ensure replacement of customer rejects.
- Lead/participate in improvement projects.
Skills, experience & attributes sought:
- Experience of a similar role within manufacturing or distribution - Essential
- Experience within the Automotive sector - Advantageous
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate with customers at all levels - Essential
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise own work and make sound judgments and decisions -Essential
- Strong IT Skills, including data analysis - Essential
- Working knowledge of SAP - Advantageous
- Able to work as part of a team, form relationships with colleagues at all levels, manage self in demanding situations and work on own initiative - Essential
- A good standard of education that includes standard disciplines such as English and Mathematics - Essential
- A customer service qualification - advantageous
Remuneration: £25,000 - £28,500 (depending upon experience & skill set)
Closing date for applications: Friday, 2nd October
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future