Job: Customer Service Team Leader
Salary: £29,000 - £33,500
Job type: Permanent, Full Time
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm
To provide industry leading service support to customers who contact via an increasingly diverse range of channels by proactively fulfilling all aspects of customer service management (Cylinder and Bulk) and maximising customer service standards in line with overall business objectives.
Responsible for the day-to-day management of a team of Customer Service Advisors, ensuring adequate planning and resource at all times as well as providing training and oversight to achieve progression in knowledge and service levels
Team - leadership, mentoring and development:
Display visible felt leadership, offering support, coaching and advice to colleagues as required to achieve an empowered and engaged workforce with heightened focus on Service Excellence and Safety performance
Deliver an Industry leading Customer Experience:
Deploy visible felt leadership by informally/formally coaching team members including undertaking call quality checks ensuring professional standards and messaging maintained to customers at the highest levels. Managing effective reporting within SalesForce so requirements are delivered in line with Company standards and Customer expectations. Actively encourage team members to request Trustpilot reviews from customers following contact. Seamless handling of customer complaints in a timely and professional manner, ensuring that they are investigated thoroughly and used as a training aide to learn from. Develop team to improve their customer interaction to achieve enhancements in Service and a reduction in complaints.
Achieving KPI's through the use of reports, monitoring and statistics:
Manage and maintain system reports to monitor effectiveness of call performance and work undertaken on behalf of the customer, taking corrective action when required. Visibly displaying team KPIs to engage colleagues engendering their buy in and awareness of how they can impact the customer positively and negatively.
Achievement, monitoring and development of functional budgets:
Achievement of headcount against operating cost budget. Awareness/regular review of budgetand discussion with Line Manager regarding mitigating variances.
Performance management of the customer service team:
Manage workload across the Customer Service Team utilising skills and experience.
Document evidence of calls being checked and discussed with agents.
Empower workforce for growth and success with regular feedback, 121s, developed personal review plans, allowing for periodic reviews and colleague feedback.
Promote active inter departmental communication to improve customer service:
Ensure positive, proactivecross functional team relationships are achieved and conducted professionally in the interests of the customer.
Assist with internal and external audits, correcting non-compliances and investigating how and why they occurred. Revising procedures where appropriate.
Monitoring monthly debt results and targeting. Achieving Compliance with Credit note and write off policy. Ensuring that GDPR is always adhered to before giving any information to the customers.
Responsible for ensuring effective administration:
Provide effective administration supporting the delivery process and efficient and effective customer invoicing for deliveries.
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
- Educated to A Level standard ideally in Maths and English or equivalent as well as a professional certificate in management eg ILM level 3.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience within a customer service environment. You will have a proven track record in managing multifunctional teams to include performance management, coaching and motivating as well as managing to achieve the objective of customer service excellence, within an agreed budgetary level.
Skills & Knowledge:
- IT Literate you will be used to using windows based systems and will be a quick to learn new in house systems. You will possess a proven track record in debt management and will be used to working towards challenging targets.
- The ability to demonstrate problem solving and judgement based on analysis of operational performance making recommendations for improvement.
- Good written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with customers and your team to meet objectives.
- Have a flexible and adaptable approach with the ability to work within a team environment.
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise workload to meet the requirements of the business.
- The ability to challenge yourself and others to make step changes in knowledge, skills and behaviour, sharing best practice
Matched 4.5% pension to 7.5% after 2 years ,
4x salary Life assurance ,
Income protection cover 50% sal after 2 years ,
Free EAP cover ,
Corporate Headspace app ,
33 days holiday inc bank hols increasing with length of service ,
Various corporate discounts