Are you an experienced Customs Coordinator looking for a new and exciting opportunity?
Due to continued growth in the business, our client is looking for an experienced Customs Coordinator for its Manchester Team (Wythenshawe)
Salary - Competitive
Working hours - Mon - Fri 08:30 - 17:30
Duties and Responsibilities
- To Co-ordinate Import and Export activities for the resident site, conforming to HM Revenue & Customs regulations and the following governing departments & organisations using the appropriate business systems where applicable.
- Checking & monitoring of Freight/courier invoices for payment ensuring accurate costing, charging to project where applicable in a timely manner
- Co-ordinate and control dispatching of goods
- Liaise with Customs legal counsel to check Export controls and licensing requirements
- Ensure all HM Revenue & Customs duty liabilities are fulfilled, minimising cost
- Liaise with, customers, suppliers, necessary agents, and customs authorities to address any issues/questions arising from business activities
- Check invoices for both import and export brokerage and liaise with the broker / finance to resolve any invoice / payment issues
- High volumes of data entry on spreadsheets
- Ensuring insurance claims are given to the claims department immediately
- Raising necessary paperwork concerning all movements of Dangerous Goods
- Making customs entry amendment requests to HMRC
- Any other ad hoc tasks as and when required and instructed by the Line Manager
Skills, Experience and Competencies
- Working experience of Exports/Imports & Customs Compliance and regulations (at least 2 years' experience)
- Knowledge of customs requirements and formalities with particular focus on UK & EU imports
- Experience in road transport, logistics or haulage (Desirable)
- HMRC amendment and reclaim experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft packages especially Ms Excel and other
- Must be able to prioritise and organise own workload with attention to detail
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be flexible with their working hours.
- 20 days annual leave + Public holidays
- Confidential EAP platform for you and your immediate family members as spouse/partners and children aged 16 to 24 in full-time education, living in the same household
- Access to our Employee Discounts and Perks, which includes Grocery Shopping, Holidays, Movies, Sports, Wellness and many more.
- After completing six months' service, the clients Death in Service equal to three times your annual salary.
- After one year's service employees are eligible to join the Private Medical Scheme (application process required).
- After one year's service company contributions increase 9% for the Group personal Pension Plan.
- Holiday loyalty days up to a maximum of 5 days (1 per each full year of employment completed)
Closing date is 22nd May 2022
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are acting as an Employment Agency on behalf of its client
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment, and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.