This is to cover for a 12 maternity cover
Hours: 8:30am to 5pm Monday to Friday
Commutable from York, Pocklington, Selby, Brough, Hull, Goole or Market Weighton
My client based near Hull is looking for maternity cover for a Business Data Analyst. The person would be expected to take large volumes of data from both internal and external sources, transform and model this into useful information and provide an interpretation of the results.
This role is a pivotal part of the Commercial and can also work across other parts of the business to develop reporting and analytics.
Collect and analyse data, inspecting and cleaning this with an eye for detail.
- Work with Commercial team to deliver on the end Customers data analysis needs and requirements.
- Compile presentations on data analysis and present insights to the customer or internal colleagues on finding.
- Identification of floral market opportunities or trends and present interpretations to drive prompt reactions where needed.
- Data entry and relevant categorization, using store audit information to analyse performance of products and checking all reports for accuracy.
- Work with other Marketing colleagues to develop tools around market data analysis.
- Work with account managers on forecasting by product and translating this into stem forecasts for supply chain teams / buyers.
- Manage ad hoc requests for market insights working with store auditor to delve into any competitive issues.
- Provide weekly sales updates to customer and business and keep track of range changes that could impact this.
- Deliver products reporting/analysis and management information.
- Work with other departments and colleagues reviewing KPIs and providing analysis and support, to help them identify opportunities for improvement and/or cost reduction.
- Assist with financial planning, budget and forecasting processes.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, Pivot Tables and PowerPoint
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Able to work on several tasks at the same time
- Can operate as a team player
- Self-confident in delivering presentations
- Excellent attention to detail