Data Scientist - Water Leakage
Location: Home and Office based Matlock, Derby
Permanent 40 hours Mon to Fri
Salary: £25-32k negotiable dep on skills and experience.
Hawk 3 Talent are looking to recruit a Data Scientist for a permanent role with our specialist client in the Water Leakage Industry. Excellent opportunity to join a successful and rapidly expanding business.
The role purpose:
The role's purpose is to contribute to the development and operation of the analysis that underpins our products and services. More specifically the initial purpose will be to help develop the analysis of temperature data from sensors in water distribution systems (the Street Level Sensing system) to locate existing and new leaks. As new services are developed the range of analysis required will diversify.
Key Duties and Accountabilities:
The Data Scientist will be part of a small team of analysts and data scientists that are currently based across the UK.
The Data Scientist will analyse high precision temperature data to derive improved methods to identify and locate leaks and provide other actionable insights. We also have access to flow and pressure data and we plan to eventually integrate these disparate data types into the system too.
We currently use a range of methods for analysis and to develop analysis systems. These include:
- machine learning approaches such as neural nets and random forests,
- empirical modelling methods to derive predictions from historical data
- physical modelling techniques to derive predictions from basic physics
The Data Scientist will be expected to contribute ideas about what analysis techniques should be used and how to solve specific problems
- Technical director, project managers, IT staff, data scientists.
Qualifications, Experience and Aptitudes Needed:
- A good degree (1st or 2-1) in a highly numerate subject involving mathematical analysis is required: probably Mathematics, Mathematical Physics, Physics, Data Science or a branch of Engineering.
- A higher degree in a data science related subject may be useful.
- Programming experience, preferably in Python.
- Experience of a data science role in a commercial environment would be useful
- Knowledge and experience of some of the following is required: signal processing, time series analysis, fourier analysis, statistics, machine learning approaches (CNN, random forest etc), hydraulic modelling.
- The ability to communicate effectively with other team members, self-motivate and organise your own work is required.
Conditions of employment:
Salary is £25,000 to £32,000 and negotiable dependent on the qualifications and experience.
Excellent progression opportunities for the right candidate.
Closing date is 29 th Aug 2021
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.