On behalf of a fantastic global organisation, we are seeking a highly skilled & experienced Demand Forecasting Manager to join their Wolverhampton site.
With a first-class reputation both as a manufacturer and employer, this vacancy comes during an exciting period for the business and offers the successful candidate significant opportunity.
Alongside proven high-level experience within demand planning & forecasting, the position requires exceptional analytical skills as the successful candidate will be responsible for articulating trends that may impact business forecasting (profit and loss).
This is a full-time, permanent vacancy with working hours of 8AM - 5PM, Monday to Thursday & 8AM - 12PM on a Friday.
Reporting to the Group SIOP Manager, the Demand Forecasting Manager will be responsible for understanding and controlling demand signal volatility, increasing inventory turns, and improving customer service levels.
This role will be responsible for the overall accuracy of the global demand requirements and cuts across all sites and business sectors to create an accurate overall demand forecast. This forecasting is critical for strategic budget and profit forecasting
Key Accountabilities Include:
- Responsibility for creating & implementing processes & tools (reports) that govern input to operational demand and maintaining the alignment and accuracy of that demand.
- Implementing tools and processes that govern entry of independent demand above and beyond that forecasted for specific customer consumption and controlling all exception demand
- Tracking the alignment of operational and financial forecast.
- Working directly with the leadership team and colleagues across the business to ensure budget and profit objectives are met.
- Participating in the SIOP process, facilitating any demand changes until agreed demand entry is determined
- Acting as the subject matter expert for demand forecasting and owning all associated processes, documentation and training
Skills & Experience Sought:
- Proven successful experience in demand planning and forecasting at a senior/group level, within Aerospace (or a similarly complex manufacturing environment)
- Exceptional analytical skills, including computer systems expertise for building and executing analytical reports. The ability to identify, articulate and act upon trends and anomalies is critical and the successful candidate may be called upon to explain trends to the highest level of organisational leadership.
- Subject matter expertise in Material Management Systems, which involve the use of computerized systems (MRP/ERP)
- Ideally, a bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline (Engineering, or Business) - Advanced degrees in Business Management are considered desirable.
- The ability to effectively communicate with, and influence colleagues of many disciplines, at all management levels. This may also include communication with customers.
- Annual salary of £55,000 - £60,000, depending upon experience & skill set
- 25 days annual leave (plus statutory)
- Private Healthcare scheme
- Strong contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance of 8x salary (from start date)
- Employee share option
- Additional flexible benefits programme
- Profit share
Further information including a full job description and company information will be released to suitable applicants prior to any CV submission to our client.