Permanent: Design Engineer
Hours of work: M/T 0800-1700 F 0730-1400
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 (dependant on experience)
Product design of automotive components and systems from concept through to production.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Involvement in all aspects of the product design and development process from initial concept to production
- Liaise with internal and external customers to define requirements and specifications for new products
- Generate initial concept schemes
- Challenge assumptions and think innovatively to solve complex problems
- Identify new systems and process to drive quality, efficiency and cost reduction
- Work as an individual contributor or as part of a team on multiple projects of varying size, scope, and complexity
- Respond quickly to shifting priorities without losing sight of longer range projects and goals
- Work with Manufacturing and Quality to ensure a robust and cost-effective design of products
- Create and own CAD models and assemblies utilizing best practice surfacing and solid modelling techniques
- Produce component and assembly drawings including GD&T, specifications and finishes
- Manage design document control, including initial costed BOMS to support commercial validation of product
- Uphold all polices in relation to health, Safety and Welfare
- Degree in Engineering discipline or Product Design, MEng/MSc preferred
- High CAD proficiency in Catia V5, typically 5-10 years experience
- Ability to find robust, elegant, and innovative solutions to complex problems
- Understanding and experience of design techniques and methodologies
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, and maintain momentum on a mix of long and short-term projects
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of engineering fundamentals
- Ability to work effectively on your own and as part of a team, with a positive 'can-do' attitude.
- Familiarity with plastic injection moulding and other high-volume manufacturing processes
- Ability to sketch and visually communicate ideas quickly and effectively
- Experience or knowledge of a complex high volume manufactured consumer product would be of benefit
- Strong problem solving abilities, attention to detail and reliability.
- Ability to work well and accurately in a time-constrained and pressured environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Closing date is 10th June 2022
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.