Permanent - Mon-Thu 0800-1700 Fri 0800-1600
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience + Annual Bonus
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are looking to recruit a Design Engineer for our client, a specialist manufacturer based in the Malmesbury area. This position offers the opportunity to be a part of a team of 8 design engineers working on a wide range of components, sub-assemblies and complete machines. Our client will consider applications from both experienced designers and graduates looking to start their career. Salary is negotiable depending on skills and experience.
Primary role: To prepare detailed drawings in 3D for in-house manufacture.
Reports to: Design Office Manager.
- Designing components and products based on:
- In-house engineering briefs.
- Reference to appropriate standards.
- Manufacturing capabilities; optimising use of the punch press and laser; CNC turning/milling centre.
- Permissible time scales.
- Preparation of 3-D with flat-form drawings suitable for manufacture.
- Filing in 'Vault' drawing management system
o Bills of Materials:
- Preparation of BOM to accompany each drawing generated.
- Generating cost report on punching/laser/press work, using Radan E2i system to accompany each drawing generated.
o Production Engineering:
- Working with production engineers and production management to introduce improved methods, tooling, jigs etc. via design.
o Project Engineering:
- Taking responsibility for some specific design/production projects.
- Participation in technical reviews.
- Some experience of sheet metal for engineering design.
- High level of competency with 3D design - Inventor or Solidworks.
- Some experience of CNC machining techniques.
- Experience in complete machine design.
- BOM development from generated designs.
Salary is negotiable depending on skills and experience.
Annual leave is 28 days including bank hols but increases by 1 day every year up to 25 days + bank hols
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future