Are you an experienced Die Shop Operator looking for a new and exciting opportunity ?
Would you like to work for a successful Manufacturing Business, part of a Global Group operating within the Automotive Supply Chain ?
Maintaining the supply and standard of drawing dies (polish, refurbishment) and providing technical support to production.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Take ownership of die shop operations and continuously improve all aspects of current methods.
- Maintain standard of wire drawing dies - polishing, refurbishment.
- Maintain adequate stock levels of dies, and control ordering/shortages.
- Working at all times to a high standard of cleanliness and house keeping.
- To utilise the pc-based stock system recording full details of die movements to build die usage history.
- To maintain and control the pc-based die system.
- To record daily outputs, and record and monitor daily usage (damaged dies received).
- Provide support to production regarding die issues and fault finding.
- Notifying the Technical Coordinator of any issues that may need further attention.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the business.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety rules and regulations are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure that all tasks are conducted in accordance with procedures as detailed in the Quality Manual.
- To interpret the information contained in the relevant production paperwork and to carry out the required tasks - i.e. die historical usage, stock control, maintenance records.
- To be fully conversant with all the necessary equipment that is needed to carry out the identified tasks in a safe manner, to assist in the training of operators on die maintenance for which he / she is capable.
- Provide training and support to new starters
- Working consistently to a high standard of quality and within the stated time constraints
- Maintaining a clean & tidy operating environment at all times to maintain housekeeping standards
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by the Management / Supervisor
Special knowledge, skills & duties
- Can support Production tech support, fault finding daily level
- PC literate (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Die stock control
- Die Shop computer system maintenance
- Enthusiastic and self motivated
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently, proactively and as part of a team
Salary and Benefits
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Performance Bonus
- Overtime opportunities
- 25+ days holiday
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company Sick Scheme
- Death in Service Life Insurance
- Income Protection insurance
Closing date is 16th July 2022
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.