Distribution Centre Supervisor
£26,000 to £28,000
Full time / Permanent
Working closely with Distribution Centre Assistant Manager, the DC Supervisor will direct and coordinate both warehouse shipping operations and goods in/replenishment activities to meet or exceed operating plan goals. The Supervisor will ensure compliance with safety, accuracy, and personnel policies.
- Manage and direct Distribution Centre operations
- Supervise the picking, packing, receiving, replenishment and shipping functions across the DC leading to:
- Outbound orders being processed accurately and on time.
- Accurate receipt of all inbound deliveries and shipments to storage.
- Support setup and execution of replenishment activities
- Oversee Team Leaders, Seniors and Material Handlers to achieve departmental and site performance objectives, including cost, service and quality.
- Provide daily / weekly balancing of skilled labour across warehouse shipping, receiving and replenishment activities
- Communicate department goals to personnel and provide resources and motivation to meet or exceed goals.
- Communicate issues to the DC Asst. Manager and other Supervisors, to ensure seamless operation and transfer of information.
- Interact with management and cross-functional employees to resolve issues affecting operations across the whole SuperHub.
- Interact with all on site Command Centre personnel as well as Chessington HQ departments as necessary, passing important information along to department and key personnel.
- Deliver Value Added Services according to strategic customer shipping requirements.
- Ensure consistent safety and process training of all material handlers. Provide documentation and tracking of all training in assigned areas.
- Conduct and document effective safety meetings at required intervals.
- Work with environmental health and safety standards and maintenance department to provide a safe work environment and optimization of the industrial moving equipment. Provides guidance to workers to do the same.
- Ensure the destruction and/or recycling of scrap and obsolescence material as directed.
- Adhoc duties and projects as required.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and team management skills.
- Able to direct others within the process to meet or exceed department goals.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to fulfil responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Able to work independently and use sound judgment in decision making.
- Work on short and long term projects individually or as a team member as directed.
- Skilled in managing multiple projects and responsibilities in a fast paced changing environment.
- Possess skills to develop and implement new procedures and policies to simplify and improve operations.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- MHE qualification in Reach & Counterbalance required, VNA an advantage.
- Knowledge of computers and proficient in MS Word and Excel, SAP experience helpful.
- Has some experience using computer based warehouse management system (WMS), use of SAP WMS a plus.
- Minimum 3 -5 years of Warehouse experience in a Supervisor role.
- Experience with SAP and/or Warehouse Management Systems.
- Strong team management skills.
- Continuous Improvement training or equivalent.
- Work with a recognized international company a plus.
Closing date is 29th Dec 2021
Hawk 3 Talent are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future
Hawk 3 Talent are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.