Electrical Design Engineer
Permanent Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5.00pm and Friday 8.30am to 1.30pm.
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are looking to recruit an Electrical Design Engineer for our client, a specialist manufacturer in Bridgend. Our client is an innovative and successful privately owned SME that designs and manufactures hi-tech capital equipment for worldwide export with a head office in the UK and two overseas offices.
A vacancy has arisen for an Electrical Design Engineer to undertake the design, development and testing of electrical control systems for our product range; involving the selection of appropriate control hardware based on the most cost-effective and scalable control platform.
- Write control specifications for new products or modifications to existing products.
- Design electrical circuits required for the development and production of laser wire processing machines and other new products using ePLAN electrical design software or similar.
- Generate build documentation and parts lists to enable the purchasing department and production department to order parts and build products / machines.
- Write commissioning procedures for machines to enable the efficient transfer of products to Production and Service.
- Liaise with end users and other relevant contractors and sub-contractors to ensure correct design, test and installation of systems.
- Participate in the investigation of system problems arising from testing, acceptance or operational use in the field.
- Interface with electrical suppliers to ensure the most cost effective solutions are found.
- Contribute to the evolving Design Standards for Electrical / Mechanical Drawings.
- Keep up with the latest standards that are applicable to electrical control systems, namely EN60204, ISO 13849 and have knowledge of EN12100.
- Understand the dynamic requirements of wire processing systems and design solutions to meet those requirements.
- Carry out other tasks and projects within the competence of the job holder as requested by the Engineering Manager.
Education / Qualifications and Experience:
The ideal candidate will be qualified to a minimum of HND or preferably degree level in Electrical and / or Electronic Engineering. The candidate will have a strong electrical / controls / automation engineering background designing and developing complex machinery or systems; and be experienced in the full product life cycle from initial specification through development, build, test, deployment and support.
Job Specific Skills / Personal Qualities
- New product introduction: design, build, commission and test.
- Electrical Machine / Control Panel Design with reference to risk assessment and applicable safety standards like 12100, 60204 and 13849.
- Electrical drawing package experience (preferably ePLAN).
- Electrical Machine Design for build and procurement - parts list, wire schedules, cable schedules etc.
- Application of Servo Amplifier / Stepper Drive Systems and DC / AC Drive systems.
- Specification of sensor types including proximity sensors, through beam etc.
- Creation of Controls Specifications - Functional Design Specification / IO Specification.
- Advantageous but not essential if have experience of robotics and vision systems, practical experience of electrical builds and use of diagnostic tools.
- Ability to manage time and resources and prioritise tasks based on a dynamic project function with a willingness to travel and undertake customer visits if required.
- Strong verbal and precise written communications skills to engage with internal and external contacts, effectively gather information and express instructions clearly.
Our normal hours of work are 37 per week: Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5.00pm and Friday 8.30am to 1.30pm.
Salary is negotiable depending on skills and experience
We offer 25 days per year plus Bank Holidays, free onsite parking, pension scheme (company 5%; employee 3%), life assurance scheme and a bonus scheme of up to 5% based on performance.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future