Electrical Mechanical Shift Engineer
Working Days and Nights on Rotation
£42k - £45k
Southend on Sea SS3
Sunday to Thursday Night 10pm - 7am
Monday to Friday Days 8.30am - 5pm
Working on 2 week turn around with some flexibility based on Production requirements etc.
Overview of the role
This will be a busy and active hands-on Manufacturing Electrical Engineer role. You will be supplying the production lines with breakdown cover to optimise production. The role is fast paced and demanding on the day shift when the main site is in full operation. On the night shift you are the only Engineer so you will need the ability to focus and solve problems to meet the day to day demands.
- The main duties are wide ranging where the main objective is to ensure that production equipment is efficiently and safely maintained.
- A relevant electrical qualification
- Excellent diagnostic/fault finding skills in Electrical and Mechanical applications
- Manufacturing Industry background
3 x phase controls/installations
Motor drives/inverters etc
Relay logic and integrated medium voltage control systems
Pneumatic and hydraulic circuits on a machine tool level
- Flexibility in mechanical repair to rotating machinery, pumps, gearboxes etc
- Some knowledge of small industrial package boilers and rotary air compressors
Desirable but not essential
- Flowrap packaging machines
C N C controlled band knives
Auto feed beam presses
Non-woven carding line