Gap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client, who are looking for a Electronics Systems Design Engineer.
Job Type: Permanent
Hours of work: Monday - Friday 37.5hours
Salary: £32,000 - £50,000 DOE
The position will focus on the electronic design, and development of new laser modules and sub-systems for the industrial, Aerospace & Defence (A&D) and bio-photonics market segments. You will be directly reporting to the R&D Director for Fibre-Optics Systems and closely working with product management and business development to support new commercial opportunities as well as operations, supporting technology transfer to manufacture. This is an exciting opportunity to work within a multidisciplinary team including firmware, optical and mechanical engineers developing new cutting-edge products for applications in Satellite communications, industrial sensing and biomedical imaging, which will drive and deliver sustained revenue growth.
- Provide electronic and opto-electronic engineering from concept to manufacture and test.
- Design analogue laser drivers and monitors including temperature control.
- Lead the design of electronic sub-systems including requirements analysis, sensitivity analysis, reliability analysis and parts stress analysis where required.
- Perform circuit-level design and simulation.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and perform electronic design, analysis and test.
- Prepare presentation material and reports to a high standard for all phases of the project.
- Support handover from design to production.
- Work with Business Development and Engineering teams to support new opportunities and generate solutions for customers.
- Drive products from design, to prototyping up to environmental qualification following internal or customer-driven NPI.
- Travel expected to be <5% of the time.
PERSON SPECIFICATION -
- At least Bachelor's degree level in Electrical and/or Electronics Engineering
- At least 3 years of industrial experience in an electronics design & development function
- Experience with laboratory test equipment
- Track record in driving development projects to production
- Previous industrial experience as an opto-electronics engineer in fibre-optic systems
- RF design experience
- Experience of the full design lifecycle, including taking designs from initial negotiations through requirements capture, subsystem design, hardware design and test to final integration
Closing date is 26th February 2021
Gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.