Job Title: EMC Technical Planner
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
The Technical Planner role is required to support the Technical Manager and Technical Supervisors with all aspects of the engineering functions including administration tasks. The individual should be highly self-motivated, ensuring the client receives the best service, whilst having a common-sense approach to commercial aspects of the contract.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Ensure all service appointments have been dispatched to the appropriate Technicians
- Liaise with Technicians to modify & improve the current PPM's
- Manage reports for daily compliance
- Ensure KPI's are calculated and recorded SLA
- Ownership of the Technical delivery
- Maintaining shift rotas for the Engineering team
- Logging new equipment
- Detailing critical spares required
- Ordering critical spares
- Creating asset registers
- Logging SAP requests
- Booking contractors on to the system
- Completion of CJR forms (contractor job registration)
- Ordering of tooling
- Compiling engineering performance data
- Answering the phone professionally, taking messages and passing them on to the relevant parties
- Receiving and distributing incoming post and issuing outgoing post
- Primary site contact for handling Technical requests
- Maintenance of cost control information on the Navision system and other systems
- Receipting of purchase orders on Navision pertinent to repairs
- Raising an approval of Purchase requisitions by the Technical Manager
- Expediting of orders and liaison with suppliers to ensure timely delivery of goods
- Liaison with suppliers to resolve discrepancies on deliveries
- Co-ordination of purchase invoices and obtaining approval from the Technical Manager
- Issue PPE to relevant individuals
- Control individual budget allowance for each calendar year
- Achievement of yearly targets and objectives
- Completion of all tasks and projects within agreed timeframes
- PM Planning, scheduling and dispatching
- Technician utilisation
Skills and experience sought
- Experience on computerised maintenance management systems
- Highly proficient in excel and have the ability to analyse and understand a varied range of data in different formats on a daily basis
- Must be able to engage within the cross functional teams and key stakeholders at all levels in the business
- Must be able to manage and deliver operational processes and key work streams to meet the strategic objectives of the area and to drive efficiencies
- Experience in a fast-paced customer-facing role and be able to create / analyses data reports using excel by given deadlines
- Must be able to deliver operational processes ensuring deliverables meet strategic objectives for the area.
- They will need to be a good communicator with the ability to communicate ideas.
- Able to work to deadlines and deliver requests for management information and reporting.
- Experience and the ability to drive efficiencies, improve processes and have an enthusiastic approach to this.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- A quick learner with the ability to work with new tool sets and offer improvement ideas to these.
- Formal engineering qualification to at least City & Guilds level, NVQ level 3 or equivalent in a mechanical and/or electrical discipline with practical experience.
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent, to include Maths and English
- Ability to decipher data and produce concise summary reports for senior management
- A good understanding of the wider impact the engineering function has on a manufacturing business.
Closing date: 09.01.2022
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future