Environment and Health & Safety Manager
£30,000 - £40,000
My client has developed an award-winning reputation for quality, service and speed and has been in operation for over 20 years. As a private label manufacturing company, they pride themselves in being able to create, produce, package and distribute high-end product ranges whilst maintaining long lasting relationships with our clients.
Based in their factory in Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire, they employee 200 people working together to produce top quality products to clients across the UK and beyond. To support the business growth here in the UK & our site in the US, we are seeking an experienced Environment and Health & Safety Manager, who has a good eye for detail and can drive the management systems for these areas through the business.
- This position will work closely with various internal partners and external agencies.
- Internal: Commercial, Procurement, Engineering, production, manufacturing, Quality, customer Service.
- External: Regulators and 3rd party consultants or assessors.
- Develop and implement operational procedures to ensure compliance with environmental and H&S regulatory standards.
- Partner with site employees and leadership to develop a site environmental Action Plan to address EHS&S program deficiencies and ensure EHS&S regulatory compliance.
- Compile and report quarterly and annual EH&S metrics.
- Prepare and submit environmental compliance reports for board review.
- Develop and provide training to the business in the general areas EH&S, ISO 14001, and environmental sustainability.
- Perform routine EH&S assessments to reduce impact on the environment.
- Over-site of the waste management program to ensure waste materials are appropriately stored, shipped, and disposed or recycled in compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements particularly effluent/wastewater.
- Support and facilitate site EH&S committees/teams to ensure implementation of the EH&S programs.
- Drive Risk Assessments and develop Control and Action plans for the identified hazards and risks
- Any other duties as required.
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
- NEBOSH qualified
- Lead Auditor
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- Excellent communication skills both with internal departments and external clients to enable smooth execution of product launches
- A good foundation in Maths, English, Science and IT
- An ability to be flexible and solution led to deliver projects on time in full.
In return, you will benefit from:
- 5 Weeks Holiday plus 8 B/H, Life Assurance, Private Medical Insurance, Half Price Gym Memberships, Pension Scheme, Access to Annual Staff Events, Bike/Car Share Scheme
Closing date is Friday 30th April 2021
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are acting as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.