EPC Project Planner
Location: Exeter – potential for hybrid working
Permanent – Full time
Salary £35-50k depending on skills and experience
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are proud to be working with UK's most innovative and ambitious sustainable energy generation company who are looking to recruit an experienced and proven EPC Project Planner to join their team at their Exeter office. Excellent progression opportunities for the right candidate.
The Project Planner is someone who works to produce plans and schedules as well as develop appropriate procedures, manuals, and processes using relevant software to ensure an effective and easy implementation of the project programmes and schedules to improve the service delivery of the company. The role is based at our Exeter office.
The Project Planner reports directly to the Head of Operations.
- Working as part of a team.
- To demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- Able to work independently.
- To demonstrate an understanding of Solar (or other renewable technologies) along with interactions associated with Grid (DNO).
- Working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Follow all published guidelines, standards, policies, and procedures to ensure satisfactory delivery of work.
- Maintain and develop competence levels and technical skills to ensure delivery to high standards.
- Role relevant training will be funded by the company, where appropriate.
- Attend training as required to maintain knowledge and application of systems and procedures.
- Providing technical review of projects and DNO grid connection offers from a planning and programme implementation perspective.
- Assisting the tendering team in developing project plans and schedules for Conceptual design through analysing layout drawings at the tender stage.
- Assisting the Project Manager in the construction and management of the project programme.
- Preparing work plans and creating a logical sequence of activities and interdependencies to project accurate start and end dates of projects
- Analysing third party plans and incorporate them into the main work plan
- Carrying out quality checks on plans and schedules to ensure compliance to best practice
- Managing the interdependencies of project workflow in an organised manner to ensure a hitch-free operation
- Monitoring programme workflows and raising early warnings notices for identified risks
- Supporting Project Managers in RAIDE assessment of project programmes and schedules
- Creating periodic reports for use to report and monitor project progress and any other reports as required by the business
- Creating dynamic and specific dashboards to monitor and report project progress and any other reports as required by the business
- Preparing general and specific workflows for different projects and processes
- Supporting the implementation of the project plans and schedules to meet contractual requirements and targets with cost savings
- Developing manuals, processes and procedures for the implementation of the new project management process
- Supervising the implementation of new programme management software and the programme update processes
- Developing new resource management procedure
- Degree in engineering preferable
- A minimum of 2 years’ Experience working as a Project Planner
- A minimum of 5 years’ Experience working using planning software within the energy or utility or HV industry or other similar roles
- Good level of IT skills to include, Microsoft word, Excel, Projects and Outlook
- You will possess excellent communication skills as well as strong management skills
£35, 000 - £50, 000 depending on skills and experience
- Full time
- Flexible working options available
- 21 days holiday entitlement (statutory minimum is 20 days) / 25 days for Senior Management
- 10 days paid sick leave entitlement (post probation)
- Extra day of holiday for each completed year of service, up to an extra week
- Life assurance cover x3 salary (post probation)
- Private medical insurance (company paid for > 3 years’ service and Exec roles)
- Cycle to work scheme (post probation / salary sacrifice)
- Company paid social events
- Monthly staff drinks
- Welcome onboarding gifts - water bottle & charge bank (post probation)
- Welcome new starter lunch
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future