ERP/MRP Production Administrator
Hawk 3 Talent are looking to recruit an ERP/MRP Production Administrator for their client, a specialist manufacturer based in the Cardiff area.
- To work effectively as part of a two-person multi skilled team to effectively schedule the procurement of materials, subcontract operations and the scheduling of Manufacturing resource to achieve agreed on time and in full manufacture.
- To support the manufacturing operation in ensuring goods are received on time and in full to meet the companies planned production schedule, and that stock held is sufficient to feed production demand without shortfall/production stoppage
- To maintain accurate and achievable schedules for powder coating, the drawing office, ensuring that these processes meet the needs of the resourcing planning of manufacture, never to lose a minute of manufacturing capacity due to inefficient planning of materials and resource.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the ERP/MRP Production Administrator responsibilities will be:
- To order stock parts via the companies MRP system and against pre-set minimum and maximum re-order quantities and by supplier System Driven
- Ensure the purchasing section of the company's method for managing and planning work into the system (contract reviews) are given priority and dealt with within the required time frame System Driven the challenge here is confirmation from suppliers
- Ensure production and scheduling are kept informed of any known stock shortages or where delivery date movement effects existing planned production System Driven follow SOPS
- To review overdue purchase orders daily - as priority, proceeding to investigate and resolve causes for lateness with suppliers. Ensure the relating purchase orders are updated with revised delivery dates and comments to provide traceability of revisions made System Driven
- Ensure purchasing inbox is kept up to date through addressing and resolving issues promptly and thoroughly ensuring and unresolvable queries are escalated to Materials Manager for investigation Suppliers, dates, parts, part deliveries, price enquiries, lost deliveries
- To contact suppliers and chase-up delivery dates where accurate delivery dates for pre placed purchase orders has not been advised, updating purchase orders to confirmed status once deliver dates confirmed, keeping a log within the purchase order of any relating comments and conversations System Driven
- To work with the accounts department - periodically/weekly, to resolve purchase related invoice queries
- To maintain an accurate and achievable production schedule ensuring that the products can be manufactured to achieve agreed OTIF targets.
- To reserve capacity and work closely with subcontractor in maintaining up to date schedules for the manufacturing process
- To raise purchase orders, chase overdue purchase orders, and resolve invoice queries
- To maintain accurate and achievable schedules ensuring that processes meet the needs of the production schedule.
- Identify potential capacity shortfalls and advise Production Manager for them to take action to ensure lead times are maintained.
- Advise Commercial Office Manager, if any customer orders are at risk of missing their completion date to enable them advise customers in timely manner.
- Any other tasks deemed as required to support the Operations Function.
- To carry out general administrative duties to include filing within the department as required.
- Good standard of PC skills.
- Able to work as part of a Team.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- GCSE or equivalent in Mathematics and English.
- Good telephone manner.
- Able to build relationships with customers.
Competitive salary with progression opportunities for the right candidate.
37 ½ hours per week, Monday to Friday
Closing date is 9 th August 2021
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.