£30,000- £40,000 Dependant on experience
Working Hours: Monday-Friday 8.30am-5pm
This is a fantastic opportunity working for a distribution company based in Cheshire for a ESG Manager- (Environmental, Social and Governance). The company was established over 50 years ago and has grown to employ over 700 staff.
Purpose of Role
To manage, guide and audit the environmental, social and governance risk, opportunity, and impact. The role will ensure strong delivery on divisional, group initiatives and build the next generation of ESG targets, performance, policies and systems. The role will deliver technical and non-technical metrics, and third-party assessments. It will involve working closely will stakeholders to keep projects and monthly targets on-track. The aim of the role is to support and maintain sector leadership. The role will also involve the negotiating, managing and reviewing the ESG budget.
- Review and refine the current ESG targets and activities and then ongoing monitoring of the ESG policy and standards.
- Development, implementation and maintenance of an ESG management system to ensure compliance with our ESG targets and activities.
- Development, coordination and management of our ESG targets and objectives, leading and lagging performance indicators and internal reporting.
- Running of regular reports and guidance for ESG stakeholders.
- Coordinating and leading project meetings as required.
- Development of clear metrics and scorecards for accountability, which will form part of the monthly management meeting pack.
- Collaboration with different functions on projects.
- Reporting to the HR Lead and MD the overall performance accountability of ESG.
- Leading and managing the ESG committee.
- Oversee all ESG activities on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Delivery of ESG guidance and support to the SLT (Senior Leadership Team), including the development of ESG strategic objectives and their integration into the wider business.
- Achievement of assigned individual goals in a timely manner.
- To maintain the highest quality standards with due regard to the Customer's requirements and in line with HACCP, BRC and any other internal or external legislation / audits.
- To be aware of and adhere to the Company's Health & Safety Policy, taking responsibility for the Health and Safety and welfare of yourself and others.
Experience and Skills Required
Must have ability to develop and maintain a culture of employee engagement / involvement, as well as encouraging sound contributions and coaching employees through suggestions which are untenable in a positive way. The ability to engage cross functionally to ensure all relevant parties are involved and kept updated as required in work streams. Run training sessions when required to up-skill the management team.
- To be able to chair meetings effectively and establish clear
- Experience of audit and or assurance processes, including supply chain due diligence.
- Experience of management systems and working with quality teams on ESG implementation.
- Experience of delivering ESG management or similar projects successfully across a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Effective planning and project management.
- Understanding of sustainability concepts and trends and how they link to business value and future phases of ESG.
- Change management experience.
- Strong analytical, influencing and communication skills.
- Experience of the warehousing and logistics.
- Understanding of the Company systems (SAP, Microlise, Contrado, Capture IT, Ciphr)
- Clear sighted future ESG-evolution thinking and conversion to clear ESG policy development.
- Clear accountability (self, team, stakeholder) standards and skills, coupled with clarity in metric development and execution for alignment of stakeholders (including board) with the ESG journey.
- Good understanding of the operational and supply chain processes.
- Change management experience.
- Time Management skills, the ability to prioritise workload as well as multitask and work to tight deadlines. The ability to communicate concepts and information to non-specialists.
- An action-orientated self-starter and initiative-taker.
- The ability to develop others and managing effective teams.
- Background of influencing and driving behaviour change.
- Ability to be self-driven and highly motivated.
- Team player with the ability to build and maintain relationships.
Closing date is 29.4.2022