gap Professional have an opportunity for an Estimator to join our clients team on a permanent basis. You will work for a well-established, highly reputable and growing business based in Wrexham. The successful candidate will have overall responsibility for converting orders and must have experience of working with steelwork and pipework.
Pay & Hours of Work
- Monday - Friday / 8am - 5pm
- £40k - £50k per annum dependant on experience
- Producing quotations from engineering drawings.
- Managing fabrication projects from start to finish.
- Respond to sales enquiries by producing accurate cost estimates of materials and labour required to fully complete proposals.
- Prepare and issue formal quotations to customers.
- Liaise with other departments to allow timely return of quotations to customers deadlines.
- Prioritise own workload to ensure deadlines are met.
- Compile a detailed breakdown of materials/equipment and timescales required for a project.
- Attend site to ascertain a scope of works required for a project dependant on client's needs.
- Experience in tendering the design, manufacture and installation phases of steelwork projects mainly access platforms/walkways, structural building steelwork and pipe support steelwork.
- Experience in tendering the design, manufacture and installation phases of Mechanical projects. This may include Nominal bore or metric pipework (Stainless steel, carbon steel coated or plastic applications), installations of valves and other instrumentation, installations of mechanical pump sets.
- Must be able to interpret general arrangement drawings, P & ID's, valve and equipment schedules and scope of work documents.
- Commercial awareness to maximise profitability and cash flow.
- Proven track record in estimating.
- Attention to detail.
- The ability to understand engineering drawings.
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills.
- Must be computer literate to a high level.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.