Our client based in the Wrexham area are currently looking to recruit an EV Production Supervisor on a full time, permanent basis. The role holder will be responsible for delivering performance within the EV Department across the shift, ensuring operational effectiveness is maximised, company and site KPI's are met, maintaining high technical and quality standards through the development of people, processes and systems. Leading the EV team to ensure the products are processed efficiently to the highest quality standard. They will work on improvement projects aligned to the long-term strategy of the company and will be instrumental in creating a sustainable work environment for the team. To deputise for Section Manager in periods of absence.
- Responsible for monitoring welfare by identifying products during inspection
- Ensure that any products carrying diseases does not reach the consumer
- Ensure that dressing is hygienic to avoid unnecessary contamination of product
- Ensure accurate records of disease levels in flocks are recorded to help improve broiler management
- To proactively deal with any breakdowns or changes in the daily plan and communicate efficiently with the Engineering team and Management
- Ensure required PIA checks are carried out after plucking and evisceration for both internal and external signs of disease and damage
- Interact with Official Veterinarian onsite to ensure that post-mortem duties are carried out
- Ensure your area of responsibility delivers improved production efficiencies, namely output, quality, yield, labour utilisation, packaging and utilities and ensure factory variances are achieved within the specific area.
- Manage the process to ensure full optimisation of labour and the reduction of absence, labour turnover and that holiday planning is controlled within the department.
- Take responsibility for ensuring appropriate plans are in place and implemented to deliver peak production activity requirements.
- Monitor trends of all equipment to ensure they are fully functional and utilised with appropriate maintenance plans
- Monitor and maintain all customer service levels, both internal and external
- Provide support and guidance on projects and improvements within the factory
- Ensuring traceability is maintained on all products and packaging within the area
- Ensuring GMP standards are understood and maintained by all staff
- Ensuring that quality standards are adhered too and that products adhere to specification throughout the process
- Ensuring that food safety, legality and integrity is maintained at all times
- Ensure yourself and the team observe the company's personal hygiene requirements
- Being the first line manager for the area, dealing with setting the team out on a daily basis and ensuring that the resources are in place for the line to run and the relevant Safety and Quality checks are being carried out
- Develop, train, coach and motivate your team in conjunction with the HR Department and Training Manager
- Complete accurately daily register - monitoring for overtime and lateness
- Complete accurately return to works, individual performance reviews (1-2-1s) providing feedback on their performance on a regular basis and identify training and development need
- Review and monitor skill levels for the shift to ensure business objectives and requirements can be met, highlighting any areas of concern to Training Manager and HR Department
- Drive best in class standards in all people matters within area of responsibility including training, performance reviews, disciplinary and grievance issues and non-attendance
- Previous experience of supervising / managing a team in a FMCG environment
- Knowledge and understanding of food safety legislation and hygiene standards
- Mechanically minded
- Proven track record of achieving improvements within area of responsibility
- Strong influencing skills
- Ability to drive continuous improvement performance whilst leading others
- Excellent communication skills; ability to liaise with varying stakeholders at all levels, both internal and external.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Data recording experience and computer skills
- Self- motivated
- Commercial acumen and financially aware
- Previous experience / management of working within Poultry Processing / FMCG
- Previous experience of working in a similar role
- Food Hygiene qualification
- H&S qualification
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.