Our client based in the Deeside area are currently recruiting a Facilities and Maintenance Site Manager to join their team on a full time, permanent basis.
- Reporting to the Facilities and Project Manager you will take responsibility for all aspects of facilities, building maintenance and management across the Deeside site.
- This will include the management of all facilities, operational areas and equipment with support from the Maintenance Manager who will report directly into you.
- You will be responsible for supporting the ongoing development of the energy and environmental strategy and take responsibility for overseeing maintenance efforts across the business.
- Managing maintenance activities for the upkeep of buildings, equipment, landscapes, vehicles and offices. You will resolve problems as they arise whether directly or by assembling teams to solve those issues and ensure a well-maintained, safe working environment and be first point of contact for all buildings and utilities related queries.
Pay & Hours of Work
- Monday to Friday / 40 hours per week / 8-hour days between 6am and 10.30pm / Additional hours as required.
- £40k per annum / Increasing to £45k per annum based on performance after 6 months.
- Ongoing development of planned and preventative maintenance strategies, including statutory, regulatory and legal requirements.
- Manage the day to day relationship with all outsourced service providers ensuring that suppliers and their staff are operating within the contract and agreed plans.
- Coordinate and carry out maintenance worker efforts to make sure employer property, equipment, buildings and grounds are kept up.
- Involved with and oversee any new equipment including involvement with Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) through to customer acceptance testing, advising management of any concerns raised.
- Maintain and control stocks to ensure correct parts are on site at all times.
- Review and manage contracts across the business such as security, vending machines etc.
- Development of Carbon reduction initiatives along with an energy reduction strategy for the site.
- Keeping up to date with current trends and technology within the Energy and Environmental sector.
- Coordinate efforts across maintenance and facilities staff to make sure all tasks are completed in a timely fashion.
- Respond to emergency calls for maintenance.
- Fleet management of company owned and hire vehicles including the co-ordination of the purchase and disposal of vehicles.
- Management of forklift/VNA trucks on site keeping the fleet in its best working condition, ensuring breakdowns are reported as soon as possible and ensuring numbers required are available.
- Delivering projects to time and to budget.
- Delivering strict financial controls over all facilities and maintenance spend ensuring that the optimum value for money is achieved.
- Manage the set up and take down of different events.
- Perform troubleshooting to solve minor repair issues.
- Development and maintenance of a strong safety culture within the department taking responsibility to ensure all health and safety certification is in place.
- In addition to these functions, you will be required to carry out other duties as may be reasonably required to meet the needs of the business.
- Responsible for personal safety and that of all personnel under his/her authority, including others who may be affected by the company's activities.
- An influential, technically competent and enthusiastic person
- Ability to develop the Facilities and Maintenance strategy and lead the team.
- A foundation degree or level 3 degree in Facilities management or Building services management.
- A related qualification such as IOSH, NEBOSH or BIFM or willing to enrol on such a qualification along with a strong understanding of energy saving and environmental legislation is essential.
- Experience in sourcing suppliers, negotiating prices and running tender processes as well as a demonstrable track record of performance against key performance indicators delivery and cost.
- Ability to create a maintenance schedule, troubleshoot and manage multiple jobs concurrently.
- A natural problem solver with the ability to remain calm in demanding and high-pressure situations along with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of structure or grounds to be maintained, maintenance procedures, systems to be maintained (e.g. conveyors, roofing etc).
- Comfortable leading and motivating a team to achieve their objectives as well as managing a busy workload within deadlines whilst maintaining a keen eye for detail.
- MHE experience.
- Drivers licence is essential.
- Not essential but desirable would be membership of the Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management or willing to apply for membership.
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate commitment and self-motivation towards achievement of objectives and goals.
- Be able to demonstrate resilience and the ability to maintain standards when working under pressure.
- Be able to handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Works to high standards and can be trusted not to compromise on quality or safety in order to achieve excellence.
- Maintain an awareness and interest of developments and activities within the industry.
- Willing to undertake necessary training.
- Willing to visit other sites in the UK and Europe if required.
- To work as a positive team player, demonstrating mutual respect and integrity for others in order to work collaboratively whilst maintaining open and effective communication at all levels within the business.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.