Field Project Technician
Full time 40 hours per week - 9 month contract - may be extended
Locations: North Anglian Region, East Anglian Region, South Anglian Region.
Due to our client, a global manufacturer within the Utilities industry, securing a new contract they are looking to recruit 6+ self-motivated, driven and technically minded individuals to join their company covering the Anglian area. This role will be for an initial 9 month however may be extended or lead to a permanent contract. Company vehicle and all expenses are covered. Must be over 18 and hold a full clean driving licence. FULL TRAINING WILL BE GIVEN .
The role purpose:
A key member of the Operations Team leading the Project Team in the roll out of the Company Stop.Watch survey system within the UK Water Industry. Projects will require a variety of skills and equipment including leak detection and location. Responsibilities will include liaising with Water Company representatives, site surveys, equipment installation and retrieval, maintenance of survey equipment ensuring compliance with Company policies and procedures for safety and quality to ensure complete client satisfaction.
Must be flexible as travelling and working away will be required in this role.
Key Duties and accountabilities:
- Install loggers to fire mains identified by the client.
- Survey industrial sites for units with sprinkler systems.
- When authorised, speak to site owners or facility managers to discover fire mains.
- Ensure that all work undertaken is with the "Right First Time - Every Time" philosophy and ensure client satisfaction.
- Ensure all necessary paperwork is completed accurately and on time, including the use of android based applications used to collect information from site.
- Ensure all company workwear and PPE is worn and used, company vehicle is kept in a clean, tidy and well organised fashion and always promote a professional image on site.
- Must have the flexibility to work "out of region" as required. This may necessitate staying away from home occasionally for part of a working week.
- Occasional "out of hours" working may be required to complete specific tasks.
Operating Environment and behaviours:
- To operate in an open and even handed manner with all personnel across the business.
- To proactively contribute to teamwork and cross-functional working
- Behaving with integrity and demonstrating professional image always
- To take personal responsibility and accountability for actions
- Maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and contribute to a working environment that is considerate and supportive to all.
- This is an outdoor and sometimes physically demanding role.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Valid UK Clean Driving Licence
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
- Manual Handling qualification
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- NRSWA Unit 2 Signing, Lighting and Guarding
- EUSR Water Hygiene Training
- Knowledge of Water Distribution Systems
- Knowledge of fire mains and likely access points
Normal working hours are Monday to Friday - 40 hours per week. Must be flexible to work overtime as and when required to complete the job. Overnight stays may be required - all expenses are paid.
Competitive salary based on skills and experiene plus company vehicle, tools, PPE and all expenses paid.
Closing date is 9 th August 2021
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.