Field Service Engineer - Worldwide
Location: Head Office in Bridgend with regular Worldwide Travel.
Salary: £30k plus expenses and rental vehicles
An exciting opportunity has arisen with our client, a specialist manufacturer based in Bridgend for a Field Service Engineer to provide engineering support to customers worldwide. This will involve fault diagnosis, preventative maintenance, system repair, customer training, installation and a variety of other technical support activities. Our client designs and manufactures hi-tech capital equipment for worldwide export with a head office in the UK and two overseas offices. Excellent opportunity to join an industry leading business with progression opportunities for the right candidate.
- Provide customers with on-site repair and maintenance support.
- Provide customers with telephone technical and fault finding support.
- Deliver customer training as required.
- Carry out installations from planning through to customer acceptance.
- Ensure that on-site and office based customer files are kept up to date, including service records and any other documentation.
- Identify opportunities for improvement. This to include product design and business process improvements.
- Work with the Sales Management Team to identify and develop sales opportunities.
- Provide support to the Product Engineers and Engineering group. This can include support with build, test and validation as required.
- Act as a team player by willingly helping in any area of the business in support of customers, suppliers, or colleagues.
Education / Qualifications and Experience:
The job holder will have full and direct responsibility when in customer facing situations either at the customer's site or via telephone trouble shooting; this will often require clear thinking and action while operating in pressurised situations. The ideal candidate will hold a technical qualification in Electronic or Electrical engineering along with a broad engineering knowledge consistent with the need to diagnose faults, repair, maintain, promote, operate and train customers.
Job Specific Skills / Personal Qualities
- Experience of mechanical systems, machine tools and optical or laser technologies would be an advantage.
- A clean driving licence and the willingness and ability to travel internationally extensively in response to customer needs are essential.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to engage with internal and external contacts.
- Accuracy and a high level of attention to detail with proven ability to multi-task, organise and plan own time to prioritise activities in line with customer and business needs.
- Ability to analyse complex problems by breaking them down into components and identifying the key/underlying issues. A systematic approach resulting in timely and effective resolution of technical problems.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.