Field Based Water Leakage Technician - Full training provided
Full time - 12 month contract - may be extended
North East England - Newcastle area and surrounding towns such as Sunderland, Durham, Morpeth, Ashington, Middlesbrough and Washington
Due to our client, a global manufacturer within the Utilities industry, securing a new contract they are looking to recruit 10+ self-motivated, driven and technically minded individuals, preferably with water leakage experience, to join their company on a 12 month contract. This role will be for an initial 12 months however may be extended or lead to a permanent contract in the near future. Company vehicle and all expenses are covered.
The role purpose:
Projects will require a variety of skills and equipment including leak detection and location. Responsibilities will include liaising with Water Company representatives, site surveys, equipment installation and retrieval, maintenance of survey equipment, compliance with company policies and procedures for safety and quality and ultimately to ensure complete client satisfaction.
- Carry out all survey, installation and retrieval work in accordance with the company's Policies and Procedures, Health and Safety legislation and Environmental Standards.
- Maintenance and stock control of company survey devices.
- Assisting with technical developments.
- Liaise Project Engineer and with client representatives.
- Ensure that all work undertaken is with the "Right First Time - Every Time" philosophy and ensure client satisfaction with the complete company service.
- Ensure all necessary paperwork is completed accurately and on time, including the use of android based applications used to collect information from site.
- Ensure all company workwear and PPE is worn and used, company vehicle is kept in a clean, tidy and well organised fashion and always promote a professional image on site.
- Work with subcontractors to ensure compliance with the company Standards, Policies and Procedures.
- You must have the flexibility to work "out of region" as required. This may necessitate staying away from home occasionally for part of a working week.
- Occasional "out of hours" working may be required to complete specific tasks.
Operating Environment and Behaviours:
- To operate in an open and even handed manner with all personnel across the business. Treat others with courtesy, and respect.
- To proactively contribute to teamwork and cross-functional working.
- Behaving with integrity and demonstrating professional image always.
- To take personal responsibility and accountability for actions.
- Maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and contribute to a working environment that is considerate and supportive to all.
- Uphold company equal opportunities policies and practices ensuring its understanding and implementation by any staff that you may supervise.
- This is an outdoor and sometimes physically demanding role.
Required qualifications and experience:
- Experience of similar work within the UK Water Industry.
- Technically minded.
- Strong communication skills.
- IT skills.
- Valid UK clean Driving Licence.
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) qualification.
- Manual Handling qualification.
- Emergency First Aid at Work.
- NRSWA Unit 2 Signing, Lighting and Guarding.
- EUSR Water Hygiene Training.
- Entry into NC2 Category Confined Space (Water Industry specific City and Guilds qualification)
Normal working hours are Monday to Friday - 40 hours per week. Must be flexible to work overtime as and when required to complete the job. Overnight stays may be required - all expenses are paid.
Competitive salary plus company vehicle, tools, PPE and expenses paid.
Closing date is 19 th Dec 2021
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.