Are you an experienced Financial Controller looking for a new and exciting challenge ? Would you like to join a World Class manufacturer within the specialist Aerospce industry ?
An exciting and challenging opportunity exists for a talented individual to join the Finance team in a role that will provide you various development prospects;
In this position you will be responsible for the accounting operations of the business. The purpose of this role is to manage the day to day activities of the accounting functions, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results are produced on time. It is crucial that you understand the expectations to hit targets and meet deadlines will be high and therefore additional hours will be required especially at month end. The ideal candidate will be someone not afraid of a challenge, proactive and has a proven track record and likely to already be working at a Senior Level.
DIMENSIONS AND LIMITS OF AUTHORITY
As Financial Controller, you will e responsible for ensuring appropriate financial controls are applied throughout the business, together with providing exceptional commercial support to key stakeholders. You will need to understand the environmental and OH&S responsibilities of the role and to recognise the importance of environmental and OH&S goals and targets, and to ensure any immediate subordinates fulfil their environmental and OH&S responsibilities as described in the company SEMS policies.
MAIN DUTIES, OBJECTIVES AND RESPONSIBILITIESManage financial and legal compliance, working with external advisors and internal colleagues.
- Provide commercial finance support to the EFC and other key stakeholders
- Using the financial control framework, ensure compliance in accordance with the Company's policies and procedures
- Manage the preparation and submission of financial statements
- Develop systems and procedures to ensure the efficient and effective management of the company's finances
- Manage a small finance staff team
- Acting as the main point of contact for the external auditors and any other stakeholders ensuring to provide all financial information as required
- Working with other Financial Controllers across the business to standardise procedures and other projects such as cost reduction.
- Manage a range of administrative and compliance issues for the business including insurance, banking relationships, payroll (using external service provider) etc.
- Ensure SOX compliance for RTI UK continually reducing failures with a zero failure target.
- Manage the preparation and review of standard costing in compliance with US GAAP.
- Ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of company taxes i.e. VAT, Corporation Tax, Duty.
- Recommending appropriate changes that will improve the company's financial performance and financial controls
- Accountable for ensuring the stock takes are carried out correctly and accurately
- Recommend improvements that will support operational efficiencies and working practices
- Carry out any additional reasonable requests made by the business within the individual's capabilities and possessing the necessary experience and training.
TRAINING & EDUCATION
· A-C GCSE Level or equivalent in English and Maths;
· Professionally qualified - Ideally CIMA, ACA
· Practical training within a SME sized company, possessing 3-5 years PQE
· Good understanding of business and financial issues
· Ability to work to tight deadlines
· Mixed Audit and Corporate background
· Experience of resolving people management issues
· Stock Control
· Experience of manufacturing industry
· Experience Aircraft Industry
Hours: 37.5 hours per week Mon - Thu 8:00am - 4.45pm, Fri 8:00am - 12:30pm(Additional hours will be expected)
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Closing date for this position 13th September 2021
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.