Job: Transport Maintenance Manager
Hours: 7am - 5pm 45 hours per week Monday to Friday (Days) - possible Saturday Work
Facilitate economic fleet maintenance, repair and compliance with high vehicle operational uptime, liaise with truck dealers and transport managers, ensure accurate records created. Keeping fleet roadworthy and within DVSA guidelines
- Ensuring all fleet assets have a maintenance schedule and maintenance arrangements in place as per manufacturer's recommendations, company requirements and best practices
- Ensure Transport Depots have visibility of maintenance plans so they can be coordinated with operational requirements
- Assist Fleet Engineering Manager to ensure the network of service providers meets the requirements of the company and the local transport depots
- Ensure breakdown and recovery arrangements are in place in all operating areas.
- Plan for MOTs and other statutory inspections
- Ensure each transport asset has an appropriate driver checklist and the drivers are using the correct checklists for the asset type
- Oversee contract mileage and arrange relocation of assets exceeding the contract mileage
- Monitor when vehicles are due to reach end of lease and report
- Ensure fleet maintenance resources available as needed to meet operational needs of the transport activities by rostering staff accordingly
- To be for the recruitment and retention of the Fleet Maintenance Coordinators
- Responsibility for overseeing the day to day operations of vehicle preventive maintenance, service and repair and supervision of the Fleet Maintenance Coordinator(s) .
- Ensure FMCs arrange efficient booking of vehicles and completion of planned work using our approved garages to ensure minimum downtime and operational impact.
- Resolve any issues that arise out of the maintenance to find a low cost and efficient solution
- Monitor vehicle telematics for identification / resolution of engine fault codes
- Use the maintenance management system to log maintenance schedules, issue Work Orders / Purchase Orders
- Oversee the uploading of maintenance records onto the maintenance management system
- Ensure all vehicle maintenance checks are up to date.
- Management & interrogation of costs relating to repairs/invoices/applications.
- Manage the Fleet Maintenance Coordinators to ensure accurate excellent services provided to transport depots and record keeping
Monitoring & Improving Maintenance Activities
- Record and report service delivery KPIs such as vehicle downtime, services / repairs completed on time, breakdowns, spend areas etc
- Report monthly the Service Provider efficiencies and issues raised.
- Working with the Transport Financial Analyst to Monitor and report cost by vehicle type, make, model, age, mileage etc to support continual improvement of maintenance processes
- Report breakdown, recovery and repair costs
- Report VOR due to maintenance issues by truck weekly/monthly
- Report on the % assets being maintained in line with manufacturer's recommendations / company requirements
Oversee the haulier approval process and management of associated haulier records
Carry out any other aligned transport related duties as required
Monitor that the telematics on each active truck are functioning
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
- Transport Manager CPC preferred but not essential
- Previous LGV fleet and plant management and maintenance experience
- GCSE's A-C in Maths & English or equivalent
- IT literate in MS Office and systems management software, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook
- Fleet maintenance management software skills e.g. maintenance management software such as r2c, also ideally Microsoft Dynamics
- Knowledge of transport and driver regulations
- Experience knowledge of making service / maintenance / repair bookings for LGVs
Closing date is 4th July 2021
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future