Job: Freight Co-ordinator
Hours: 8.30am - 5pm Monday to Friday
Assist in the creation and development of an internal 'entry clearance team'. Additional training and resources will be provided to achieve this
Arrangement of Group Imports/Exports
- Fully conversant with HMRC regulations and requirements specifically for imports and exports.
- Arrange quotations for transport options and progress shipment accordingly.
- Review country requirements and arrange import/export by various methods of transport i.e Road, Courier (DHL, TNT) etc., airfreight and sea freight as required.
- Prepare instructions for and written booking confirmations to individual carriers for each booking request.
- Prepare export shipment documentation in accordance with requirements.
- Issue import clearance instructions to freight agents for GB clearances via various Incoterms.
- Monitor commodity codes and licensing requirements i.e. surveillance/dual use etc.,
- Liaise with warehouse teams and monitor regarding delivery schedules
- Control and update import registers/export registers for audit purposes
- Monitor shipment status information through to final delivery for both import and export.
- Resolve any deviations or transport issues as they arise
- Match, review, reconcile import entries with relevant import/export files - verify entries and balance with DAN/VAT accounts.
- Allocate duty deferment statements for GB imports and EU imports.
- Approve invoices and update registers.
- Fully understand origin regulations and supporting documentation. Ensure all comply with origin statements for preference.
Import and export Auditing
- Ensure all import/export documentation is complete and collated for internal audits.
- Carry out export audits of the SDS system and the necessary proof of export for both GB export and EU import.
- Assist Senior Freight Co-ordinator with export audits.
- Take appropriate action and follow up in the event of any audit failures
- Issue compliance audit updates to appropriate Managers/Supervisor
Experience, Attributes & Skills sought :
Previous experience in a similar import/export/freight role
A hands on approach - good problem-solving skills
Good IT skills and highly organised
Have the ability to prioritise own workload and those of others in order to control volumes and meet tight deadlines
A good working knowledge of customs and tariff codes
Strong understanding of the wider import and export process
Should be fully conversant with HMRC regulations and requirements, specifically for Imports and Exports
Closing date is 22nd August 2021
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future