GRADUATE PREDICTIVE & TEST ENGIEER
OUTSKIRTS OF NEWPORT
PERMANENT FULL TIME 8am-5pm Mon-Thurs, 8am-1pm Fri
GRADUATE REMUNDERATION SCHEME 5 YEARS £20K - £32K with incremental pay increases
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are looking to recruit a Graduate Predictive & Test Engineer for our client, a specialist manufacturer based on the outskirts of Newport, South Wales.
Working within the Product Design and Development Team with a focus on Simulation and Test. The ability to visualise problems and then express and investigate within a simulation package is vital. The person will have the drive to develop themselves in the job by applying their current knowledge to a practical work environment and building upon it to benefit both the individual and the business. To achieve this, the individual will need to marry their design & simulation skills to component testing and be willing to learn and contribute ideas for the early validation of design and process. The candidate should have good practical abilities and a desire to get hands on with our wide range of test equipment and rigs.
- The simulation of mechanical behaviour of the components, using Ansys (static, modal vibration, linear and plastic, transient).
- Operating and contributing to maintenance of several test rigs.
- Use macros driving Ansys to support application engineering work for customers.
- Use CFD to simulate hot gas and liquid flow in heat exchangers and other fluid transfer components.
- Use of CAD and Ansys to generate models for simulation.
- Interpretation of experimental performance data to aid prediction and correlation.
- Lead in test set up and iteration especially with multi-axis testing.
- Write reports with developed conclusions based on simulation and / or test results.
- Support design decisions for new products based upon simulation and test results.
- Mechanical Engineering degree (or similar field).
- FEA knowledge is desirable.
- Good knowledge of fluid mechanics and CFD would be advantageous.
- Good general computing skills including visual basic.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good practical skills and a desire to work in a hands-on environment.
- Maintain a high standard of Health and Safety.
- Ability to communicate information, whether technical or non-technical to internal stakeholders, customers, & suppliers in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong technical & analytical knowledge with "thinking outside of the box" mind set.
- Ensure that all work activities and records comply with Company Policies, Procedures and Codes of Practice.
- Valid UK Driving licence & Passport - Willing and able to travel globally and at times, at short notice.
8am-5pm Mon-Thur, 8am-1pm Fri
- GRADUATE REMUNERATION SCHEME 5 YEARS starting at £20k, rising to £22.5k after 6 months' probation with incremental pay increases to £32k
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Excellent Salary Sacrifice Pension Scheme (Employee Contribution up to 10%/ Employer contribution up to 10%)
- Life Insurance (6 times annual salary)
- Access to pool cars for travel
- Company laptop/ phone
- Free Parking
- Flexible Working Policy
- Homeworking Policy
- Employee Events
- Recognition Awards
- Training and Development (Internal & External)
- Share Save Schemes
- Salary Sacrifice Scheme- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future