Graduate Site Chemist
We are looking to recruit a Graduate Site Chemist for our client, a supplier of specialist waste treatment, disposal and recycling services based in South Wales.
Our client offers a complete training and progression plan for the successful candidate.
- Analysis of water samples using a variety of inorganic chemistry techniques including ion chromatography, atomic absorbance spectroscopy and wet chemistry.
- Modelling blends in the lab using a combination of acidic and basic substances to identify optimum pH for the elimination of solids.
- Testing and analysing samples sent to us from various other companies and determining whether they are suitable to be treated within our process - based on their physical properties.
- Aiding operators in the day-to-day processing of chemicals.
- Offloading vehicles and storing both hazardous and non-hazardous substances in appropriate places ready for processing.
- Providing support to the wider business on matters including the analysis of samples and reporting the results and assist in reviewing and improving the processes carried out by the company.
- Understanding and adhering to laboratory quality systems, and understanding the importance of effective and accurate analysis of water quality for the protection of public health.
- Constantly maintaining the highest levels of health and safety, whilst maximising efficiency and productivity throughout the site.
- Ensuring that all records required by statutory regulations and company policy are updated and maintained.
- Assisting the Site Manager and Process Manager
- The safe management of associated procedures relating to the efficient reception, inspection and routing of waste materials on site
- Implementation and development of process modelling and control
- Provision of technical support to the operation including the running and development of existing and new processes
- Compliance with the company's EPR Permit and other regulatory consents
- Compliance with the company's operating procedure
- Compliance with the company's Health and Safety policy, site safety rules and environmental policy of all personnel
- Provision of supervision and training with regard to company procedures and work instructions
- Maintenance and development of paperwork and operational systems
- Liaising with other company departments
- Compliance with all relevant environmental and health and safety procedures
- Development and maintenance of housekeeping procedures to ensure a clean and tidy site that fully meets compliance standards
Week one 6am-3pm
Week two 9am - 6pm
Must hold a Degree in Chemistry or relative field.
Competitive with progression opportunities
Closing date is 10 th July 2021
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.