Group Financial Controller
Permanent 37.5 hours
£50-60k negotiable depending on experience
Hawk 3 Talent are looking to recruit a high calibre Finance professional for their client, a prestigious firm based in Exeter.
The group Financial Controller is a pivotal and senior role within the accounting function. Reporting to the Group Finance Director, the Financial Controller is responsible for ensuring that the accounting operations of the group run smoothly.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Cash and liquidity management
- Oversee the management of cash flow and debt collection. Control and forecast all group
- short term income and expenditure, ensuring expenditure is in line with the budget.
- Control all payment processes, ensuring correct authorisation and alignment of funding
- Monitor bank facility utilisation and repayment.
- Bank account administration.
- Manage Intra-group recharges.
Procedures and processes
- Oversee the processing of financial transactions for the group, ensuring that accounting
- records are kept appropriately, and processing complies with accounting standards and
- relevant legislation.
- Manage the accounting operations including self-billing, accounts receivable, accounts
- payable, general Ledger and cost accounting
- Ensure the purchase and sales ledger operates within a robust control environment.
- Contribute to the financial strategy of the business and be instrumental in the development of internal control policies and procedures within the company.
- Be responsible for financial risk management and will be expected to work with the senior management team to develop risk minimisation plans.
- Work alongside other commercial functions to implement and maximise utilisation of COINS ERP across the group.
- Document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Oversee all activities related to HMRC tax compliance issues, including corporation tax, CIS returns and VAT returns.
- Be the principle point of contact and manage the annual audit process.
- Supervise and manage the purchase and sales ledger team.
- Ensure the team is adequately skilled, developed and resourced.
- Work closely with the group finance function and senior management team.
- Demonstrate behaviour and values in line with the Company Purpose and Mission.
- Demonstrate actions and behaviours that align with our Group Values.
- Work in a way that supports and protects the Company Atomic Habits.
- Demonstrate that you are aligned with the Group Purpose, Mission and Values.
Experience & Professional Qualifications:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Minimum 5 years PQE
- Exceptional numerical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Relevant sector experience and strong business acumen.
- Experience of COINS ERP system and analytical tools such as Power BI.
To apply, please forward your CV to Rachel.Sheehy@hawk-3.com