Hawk 3 are proud to be working in partnership with a leading kitchen supplier to recruit a Regional Handyperson to work across the North East Area covering York, Bridlington, Scarborough etc.
As a Handy Person you will travel across the region to support our depots by installing displays within their showrooms and office spaces. You will complete all fittings to maximise sales potential and contribute to creating a pleasant and safe environment for staff and customers.
Responsibilities in brief
- Using carpentry and painting & decorating skills, you will install displays within the showroom and offices to an excellent standard.
- Deal with general repairs and maintenance within the depot as required.
- Understand and apply safety rules when using all tools and safety equipment, in line with the Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations.
- Report any known defects to appliances, damaged equipment and any other potential hazards to the Depot Manager and repair where required
- Purchase where necessary any goods/items required for maintenance and care of the building as deemed necessary by the Depot Manager.
- Work in line with Health & Safety Regulations at all times to ensure a safe and comfortable environment is maintained for customers and employees.
Skills & experience
- You must hold a full UK driving licence
- Proven knowledge of Health & Safety practices
- Previous experience of maintenance work (including paining & decorating and carpentry)
- Must be able to effectively multitask and prioritise differing workloads
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels
- A desire for continuous personal and professional development
The business deeply value team working and reward our people in line with individual and team success through a competitive package of benefits including;
- Company Vehicle
- Competitive salary
- Matched contribution pension scheme
- Team incentives and outings
- 24 days holiday, rising to 26 days after 5 years
- Staff discount on products
- Share awards and prize draws
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future