gap professional are looking for permanent Hardware Engineers to create high quality and robust Hardware designs for our client, a Global Engineering Services provider, for their co-located team based at their Defence Industry client's facility in Edinburgh.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Designing high speed serial communication links.
- Supporting throughout the full hardware lifecycle from requirements analysis; through design, and unit test; to integrating hardware with the target system; and lastly to acceptance test and delivery to customer
- Fully documenting and recording your work products; keeping them under configuration management, and providing plans and progress reports
- Working within a multi-disciplined team of engineers to solve real integration problems on complex systems
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- First or second Degree in Electronic Engineering (BSc, BEng, MEng, MSc, PhD, EngD) or a related science
- Experience of Hardware design of complex FPGA based designs.
- Proven experience of Schematic Capture using Mentor Graphics DX Designer or similar tools
- Experience of designs utilising DDS, ADC, DAC or other Low Noise Mixed Signal devices
- Ability to analyse high level documents and derive detailed Unit requirements with limited guidance.
- Experience of de-bugging and testing new designs and supporting module and system related test, verification and integration project phases as required by a development type programme prior to system deliveries
- Experience of high speed serial communication protocols and architectures
- Previous experience of working with Superheterodyne Receivers or Radar systems.
- Applied Knowledge of a Staged Design Review process
- Self-motivated and have an aptitude to problem solve and drive difficult issues to conclusion.
- Experience of liaising with internal and external suppliers and customers
- The ability to coordinate day to day technical activities, liaising closely with the lead engineer
- Experience in the Aerospace industry
- Good Communication in English (oral & written) and Interpersonal skills
- Good experience in writing technical reports/ documentation
UK citizenship is mandatory to be able to clear the background checks and obtain unrestricted SC clearance. Current valid SC clearance would be an advantage.
gap professional are acting as an Employment Agency on behalf of its client
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgement solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.