gap professional is working with a company based in the Pwllheli area who have been recognised as a forward-thinking company that has been loyal to its members who have worked tirelessly to ensure its success. Our client is currently looking to recruit a Head of Cheese Operations to join their team to facilitate support to the Head of Factory Operations in managing the production of cheese and whey products in the cheese department. You will be responsible in managing the cheese room activities, through the optimum utilisation of staff and equipment to achieve the highest levels of product quality, safety, hygiene, productivity and customer service maximising throughput and minimising labour costs and be responsible for ensuring that company policies and procedures are maintained regarding SHE, HACCP & GMP/GHP. A frontline manager responsible for the training, motivation and development of the whole production team.
Pay & Hours of Work
- Salary negotiable dependant on experience
- Various shifts to suit business requirements
- Effectively manage the cheese room Production Shift Managers, Team leaders and Operatives.
- Assist in establishing training and development needs for team members to ensure adequate skill sets are available to optimise performance whilst maximising throughput.
- Monitor and control attendance and time keeping, ensuring absence notification and return to work procedures are followed in line with company procedures.
- Assist in the delivery of the daily/weekly production plan.
- Drive efficiency and productivity levels to meet or exceed budgetary standards.
- Monitor and control material usage (yield) variances to agreed budgetary standards.
- Maintain hygiene and housekeeping to GMP standards.
- Ensure materials, machines and people are available to the required standards and at the correct time to meet production requirements.
- Participate in the PDR process for the team members and monitor progress against agreed objectives.
- Working with the technical team, minimise quality failures through effective trend analysis and corrective action to eliminate root cause.
- Assist the Operations Manager in the implementation of continuous development initiatives, and own departmental improvement action logs, ensuring staff are engaged and involved in the process.
- Educated to a degree level in a relevant manufacturing discipline or equivalently experienced.
- Food Safety level 3, IOSH and HACCP.
- Thorough knowledge of cheese making and cheese making plant is desirable. Key to this role is the ability to effectively run and manage a high-quality food manufacturing operation and to instigate effective problem solving and corrective action.
- Can demonstrate the skills required to run a successful food production operation from previous experience.
- Must be a self-directed individual, willing to take responsibility and someone who demonstrates a continuous improvement quality focus with excellent attention to detail.
- An individual who will challenge current practices. Someone who will work closely with all staff and departments to ensure systems are robust.
- Attention to detail is also key in the role and an understanding of deadlines and timescales.
- Mentoring and supporting managerial skills will help to develop direct reports.
- Good understanding of client's vision and aligning team objectives to it.
- Ability to assist engineering in fault finding, repair and development processes.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.