Gap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client, who are you looking for a Head Of Secondary English
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Quidenham, Norwich
Hours of work: Term time only - 40 hours per week
Salary: Teachers pay scale
- To work with the Headteacher in all aspects of leadership and management and to take responsibility for managing and developing learning and teaching, curriculum, careers and work experience, assessments and enrichment throughout the designated phases of the school.
- To take a central role in assisting the Headteacher, to develop our school in accordance with its shared values and our school development plans.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties that the Headteacher may request in support of the running of the school from time to time.
- To play a key role in the overall smooth running of the school.
- To spend approximately 75% of working time classroom based demonstrating and modelling good practice and ensuring 'quality teaching first'.
- To lead by example of his/her practise and by positively encouraging, coaching and mentoring and supporting training and development for all members of the team.
- To take lead responsibility for ensuring the best possible curriculum offer, provision, well-being, progress and achievement for all children especially through enrichment, creative learning, extended services, partnerships and collaboration.
- To work with the Headteacher and wider leadership team to ensure that the school offers a high quality, exciting, engaging, well resourced, differentiated and well matched curriculum for all children.
- To develop positive relationships within the school and externally which support the running and developing of the school towards and sustaining outstanding.
Education and experience:
- QTA or QTLS
- Proven track record of excellent creative and structured teaching within relevant key stages and or special needs environment.
- Experience of holding responsibility for and turning policy into effective and successful practise.
- Leadership of a significant are or phase of inclusion, including responsibility for raising standards across the whole school.
- A clear understanding of the essential qualities necessary for effective teaching and learning.
- Experience of using effective behaviour and teaching strategies.
- Understanding of the implementation of ASD intervention and support strategies (TEACHH or other similar)
Closing date is 30th September 2020.
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.