Our client based in the Aberdare area is currently recruiting an experienced Health and Safety Specialist, to support their Site with all Health and Safety matters necessary for legislative compliance, safe methods of working, statutory requirements, the Company's Health & Safety Policy and the protection of employees, plant, property and all Environmental matters including waste management and reporting.
Pay & Hours of Work
- Competitive Salary
- 39 hours per week
- Ensure robust investigations are conducted, supporting the investigation of accidents and dangerous occurrences ensuring that resultant reports recommend preventative measures, assist in reducing insurance claims and compliance with statutory requirements.
- Chair the monthly Health & Safety Committee meetings for Aberdare site.
- Regular follow-up of measures/actions to ensure full completion and implementation to prevent any further re-occurrence.
- Carry out an active role in assessing risks and advising on appropriate control measures.
- Lead the Aberdare Behavioural Safety program, facilitating and conducting routine Behavioural Safety walks.
- Regularly inspect and audit the Aberdare site, plant equipment and systems to ensure compliance with Statutory requirements and Company Health, Safety & Environment policy.
- Advise on the safety requirements of proposed new plant, equipment and buildings to ensure compliance with Statutory requirements, Company Health, Safety & Environment policy and Planning requirements.
- Advise on personal protective equipment to ensure the well-being of employees and compliance with Statutory requirements.
- Represent the Aberdare site in meetings with external Inspectorates, including the Health & Safety Executive, and Fire Authority as well as appropriate Insurance bodies.
- Advise, maintain and monitor all COVID 19 requirements as per company and government guidelines.
- Strive to achieve ISO 45001 by working to the set guidance of the standard.
- Maintain all Environmental standards, Including Waste management, Statutory inspections, Month reporting to group and annual reports.
- Candidates should be educated to HNC / Degree level in a technical subject with proven experience of working in a Health & Safety role ideally within a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of HSE legislation and good practice will be essential with a formal Health and Safety qualification such as the NEBOSH Diploma.
- The successful candidate will also have excellent communication and inter-personal skills together with strong organisational ability.
- Tenacity and the drive to succeed are additional qualities required in this role.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.