Health, Safety and Environmental Officer
Health and Safety Officer
Commutable from York, Northallerton, Ripon, Malton, Harrogate. Middlesborough or Darlington
Leading on the Health, Safety and Environmental initiatives across a couple of sites.
· Promote a positive, proactive approach to health and safety.
· Keeping site leads informed of statutory requirements and ensuring compliance from EHS regulations.
· Providing an advisory service on all Health, Safety and Environment matters.
· Dealing and supporting with Accident and incident investigation (reactive) and advising strategies and guidance to target improvements.
· Dealing with Risk Assessments
· Arranging and undertaking regular inspections, audits, health surveillance, surveys and tests.
· Reporting notifiable incidents.
· Providing advice in investigations.
· NEBOSH/IOSH certification or equivalent
· Minimum of 5 years in a similar role
· Ability to think strategically.
· Good understanding of the wider environment
· A good knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation
· Previous experience of carrying out in-depth incident/accident investigations.
· Highly motivated
· Strong Interpersonal skills