Health & Safety Partner
£25,000- £32,000 Dependant on experience
Working Hours: Monday-Friday 8.30am-5pm
This is a fantastic opportunity working for a distribution company based in Cheshire for a health & safety partner. The company was established over 50 years ago and has grown to employ over 700 staff.
Purpose of Role
To co-ordinate, support and advise the Company on all aspects with regards to Health & Safety. To establish, manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, training and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with Health & Safety within the Company are adhered to.
The role will have no direct budgets or reports. You will be expected to engage at multiple levels within the Company and support the Health & Safety Culture. The role covers multiple sites so occasional travel is required. Sites are 24-hour operational, so on occasions later shifts will have to be worked. You will be expected to lead health and safety projects and advise multiple levels of leadership accordingly to help support the Warehouse functions achieve its service delivery, in the safest way possible. This role will have ownership for safe working practices which will link in with the Warehouse SOP’s.
- Providing competent risk focused health, safety and environmental advice.
- Ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
- Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training reporting.
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
- Providing assistance with the Health and Safety training and conducting operational Health, Safety and Environmental duties.
- Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated, and recommended improvements implemented in conjunction with the relevant leadership.
- Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
- Ensure contractors that are working on site are doing so in accordance with safe working practices. That all permit to works are issued and regular audits are done to ensure safety standards are being upheld.
- Co-ordinate the development of health & safety policies, systems of work and procedures.
- Ensure full accurate health and safety and training records are maintained and that housekeeping is regularly done on the Company electronic information.
- Establish a full programme of documented health & safety inspections, audits and checks.
- Establish a structured programme of health & safety training throughout the Company.
- Liaise with external health & safety consultants in the provision of training programmes and health and safety services.
- Manage and devise the agenda for, chair and formulate & distribute minutes, any health & safety committee meetings. Ensure all agreed action points are completed within deadlines.
- Keep up-to-date with all aspects of relevant health, safety and welfare work legislation and communicate relevant changes to the business.
- Provide regular reports to the Managing Director, Head of Health & Safety, Directors, Senior Management on relevant health and safety activities.
- Participate in monthly meetings when required to report on relevant health & safety matters.
- To maintain the highest quality standards with due regard to the Customer’s requirements and in line with HACCP, BRC and any other internal or external legislation / audits.
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time-to-time.
Experience and Skills Required
- Minimum of 2 years working in a logistics / warehousing role with HSE responsibilities is desirable.
- NEEBOSH certified or equivalent and good knowledge of H&S regulations and requirements is essential.
- Must have the ability to develop and maintain a culture of employee engagement / involvement.
- Encouraging sound contributions and delivering on the suggestions, equally giving feedback on untenable suggestions in a positive way. T
- The ability to engage cross functionally to ensure all relevant parties are involved and kept updated as required in the varying work streams.
- Be confident and able to source legislation to support decisions. Able to deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
- Open minded, able to embrace and influence change.
- To be strategic and possess substantial level of self-reliance, creativity, innovation, ambition, and determinations.
- Have outstanding communication skills, both written and oral.
- Possess the necessary interpersonal skills to help develop and maintain good relationships.
- High level of organisational skills and ability to take on and coordinate new initiatives.
- Ability to manage time effectively, plan workloads, set priorities, meet deadlines, and work effectively under pressure.
- To be able to chair meetings effectively and establish clear accountability.
- To be able to develop, run and source training programmes when required.
- Be visible and confident with the ability to inspire others, ensuring involvement and commitment of all employees into a custodian.
- Needs to have good relationships with warehouse management and warehouse employees, as well as any other required department in a cross functional perspective.
- Effective planning and project management.
- Good understanding of the operational and supply chain processes.
- Change management experience.
- Strong analytical, influencing and communication skills.
- Time Management skills, the ability to prioritise workload as well as multitask and work to tight deadlines.
- The ability to work with others in the team, share and transfer knowledge to bring up the capability level of the Health & Safety team.
Closing date is 21.4.2022