Gap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client, who are looking for an Import and Supplier Conformity Assistant
Job Type: FTC 6 Months
Hours of work: Monday - Friday 8.30am - 5.00pm
The role requires a person with experience of Importation of Goods from Europe to the UK. The role will involve working across our Import Freight department, Purchasing Department and with our Suppliers across Europe to ensure that all information requirements pertaining to the new TCA (Brexit Deal) are communicated with our Suppliers.
The role will report to the Group Freight Controller, but work closely with other departments to ensure the swift and accurate flow of information and ensure the fastest possible collection of all required information. They will be a part of the Freight Department of three others but, due to Covid Restrictions, is likely to only be in an office with one other, who will be supervising them.
- Gain a complete understanding of the Rules of Origin and regulations surrounding the claiming of preferential tariff rates under the new TCA (Brexit Deal).
- Prepare documentation to go to our suppliers requesting all required information regarding the products purchased from them to suit our requirements for Importation under preference
- Create Long Term Supplier Declaration (LTSD) Templates for them in the required format and wording to allow them to sign off, in full compliance with their own understanding of the requirements of the TCA, the LTSD's.
- Ensure that we understand the method and diligence of the supplier's origin process to provide confidence that the declarations are appropriate.
- Gather, file and link any required supporting information to Import Files. Liaise with Export to ensure that the same information is available to support Export shipping under preference.
- Ensure that Sage is kept in line or updated with current, correct information with regards to Country of Origin.
- Ensure that all such files are dated and alerts set to ensure that supporting information is always kept current.
- Work with the suppliers to ensure they are aware of the requirement for Registered Exporter (REX) status and the collation and storage of this information.
- Good working knowledge of the Import Requirements from EU and 3rd Countries
- Experience in working in a fast paced Import Department
- Self-starter capable of working under their own direction and with sufficient experience to be able to operate without requiring constant detailed management
- Confident in using Word and Excel
- 24 days holiday, increasing to 27 days based on yearly service, plus bank holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Free Eye Test
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Staff Discount
- Flexi Time
- Staff recommendation scheme
Closing date is 29th January 2020
Gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.