£28k - £35k
A global logistics business are looking for an experienced Import Clerk to join their growing team based near The London Gateway in South Essex. This is an exciting opportunity to join a global business who offer an excellent working environment, professional development opportunities and an attractive remuneration package.
The role will require you to work Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm.
Duties of the Import Clerk
- Establish an effective collaborative relationship with the Operational team and maintain communication with customers on all customs issues.
- Provide accurate documentation check to ensure compliance to new and existing government legislation.
- Monitor arrivals and prepare documentation for entry submission.
- Submit Import declarations via ASM Sequoia.
- Monitor any applicable declarations subject to HMRC checks, port health, examination, documentation checks etc and liaise with relevant Government departments to ensure timely release.
- Submit post entry amendments where applicable and maintain team post entry amendment log.
- Support and contribute to branch P&L monthly reporting.
Experience required for the Import Clerk:
- Recent experience of working in a customs brokerage environment.
- Have a sound understanding of customs procedures and HMRC Tariff for a diverse range of products
- Confident IT user and experience using customs software
- Experience of using port community systems CNS & Destin8
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy with data
Package on offer:
- A competitive annual salary of £28k-£35k depending on experience plus an annual bonus of 10%
- Great modern work facilities and an excellent work culture
- Annual leave entitlement starting at 21 days + bank holidays.
- The chance to join a global business with excellent professional development opportunities available.
Please note that this position is based local to The London Gateway in South Essex.