Hawk 3 is proud to be partnered with a global logistics business who are looking for an experienced Import Clerk to join their growing team based near The London Gateway in South Essex. This is an exciting opportunity to join a global business who offer an excellent working environment, professional development opportunities and an attractive remuneration package.
The role will require you to work Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm.
Duties of the Import Clerk
- Establish an effective collaborative relationship with the Operational team and maintain communication with customers on all customs issues.
- Provide accurate documentation check to ensure compliance to new and existing government legislation.
- Monitor arrivals and prepare documentation for entry submission.
- Submit Import declarations via ASM Sequoia.
- Monitor any applicable declarations subject to HMRC checks, port health, examination, documentation checks etc and liaise with relevant Government departments to ensure timely release.
- Submit post entry amendments where applicable and maintain team post entry amendment log.
- Support and contribute to branch P&L monthly reporting.
Experience required for the Import Clerk:
- Recent experience of working in a customs brokerage environment.
- Have a sound understanding of customs procedures and HMRC Tariff for a diverse range of products
- Confident IT user and experience using customs software
- Experience of using port community systems CNS & Destin8
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy with data
Package on offer:
- A competitive annual salary of £28k-£35k depending on experience plus an annual bonus of 10%
- Great modern work facilities and an excellent work culture
- Annual leave entitlement starting at 21 days + bank holidays.
- The chance to join a global business with excellent professional development opportunities available.
If you have the experience required, please apply now as the role will not be around for long. For any questions, please contact Bethany at Hawk 3 Talent Solutions. Please note that this position is based local to The London Gateway in South Essex.