Are you an experienced Import / Export Clerk, looking for a new and exciting opportunity to join an established business within the Import & Export Industry ?
To ensure freight operational requirements are interpreted correctly and services arranged and delivered within service and cost parameters.
- Dealing with agents, pricing teams and internal colleagues to obtain job charges.
- Liaise regularly with overseas offices, partners, agents and clients.
- Sourcing supplier costs.
- Update systems with shipment and costing information as required.
- Keeping a record of charges and current rates in place for certain customers.
- Ensure customers are invoiced in a proactive timely manner and within a certain timeframe.
- Support the import department where required on daily operational tasks.
- Handling sea imports from start-finish
- Dealing with customer queries and complaints
- Raise invoice to finalise job files, sending invoices via Email, Post or any method customers require.
- Liaising with other company branches to obtain best outcome for the business on rates and customer service
- Completing customs Import entries on in-house systems linking with HMRC
- Review and prepare all relevant documentation for all aspects of the transportation of goods
- Adhere to all Health & Safety relating to your role, site, and colleagues.
- Undertake other responsible tasks that may be required from time to time as directed by your line manager.
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office)
- Accurate, Honest & Punctual
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work as part of a team as well as on their own
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Familiar in handling freight operations in a freight forwarding environment
- Excellent Administrative skills
- Understanding of import operations and HMRC processes
- An understanding of job / file profit and the factors that contribute to job / file profit
Closing date is 19th December 2021
Hawk 3 are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.