Role: Installation Technician
Location: Ledbury - Work across the UK and overnight stays will be required
Salary: £24K to £26K
Hours: 08:00 to 16:30 when factory based. On installation work the hours will be those demanded by the job.
As an Installation Technician the main responsibilities will include:
- The installation of products on Agricultural & Industrial sites
- Supervision of customers own labour on site installations
- Providing support & training for our network of dealers & distributors
- reading, understanding and following the installation instructions provided for the products being installed
- Assisting with Production in the Factory when not on site
- Assisting with R&D projects as required, including testing, giving practical feedback to new developments
- Ensuring company Vans are kept in an orderly and road worthy manner
- Ensuring the correct stock of fixings are on van
- Completing job related paperwork, including timesheets / site diary / reports / completion certificates as per company procedures.
- Following the company and customer's health and safety procedures and practices are followed throughout the installation
Skills and experience sought
- Experience and evidence of skills for mechanical fitting of products is essential.
- Experience in similar role ideally involved in an industrial or Agricultural environment. Mechanical fitting, Roller doors, Curtain walling, door/window fitting, partitions, and other similar backgrounds would be considered relevant. Involvement in erecting Industrial and Agricultural buildings would also be of interest.
- Experience in fitting automated systems such as doors and curtains, including motor limit setting would be an advantage
- Some basic Electrical/Electronic knowledge
- A good understanding of mechanical engineering principles
- Must be comfortable to work at height using Powered access equipment and static towers
- The possession of up to date IPAF, PASMA & CSCS cards would be an advantage
- Travelling throughout the UK, Ireland, Europe and the rest of the world is a prerequisite. Long periods away from home may be required and the candidate must be comfortable with this.
- Experience with dealing and communicating with clients is desirable
- Having a flexible approach to the work required and to be able to respond to company installation needs when required is essential.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office, and a willingness to learn new IT skills as appropriate.
- A full UK Driving License is essential
- Valid Passport for worldwide travel
- Good organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable
- Confident use of power tools
- Good communication skills at all levels (verbal and written)
- Ability to assess, decision make and address situations as they arise
- Have a logical approach to solving problems
- Self-motivated with a desire to achieve high standards
- Interest and willingness to develop skills
- Desire for continued development and improvement both personally and at the workplace.
- An interest and willingness to develop skills and keep abreast with advancements in product development.
- Inclusion in company pension scheme on successful completion of the probation period
- Inclusion in the company's Net Margin Bonus Scheme, the value of which is dependent on personal performance - eligible on successful completion of the probation period.
- Annual holidays in addition to the statutory Bank Holidays are 20 days rising to 25 days after 5 years.
- The company will provide van, phone, tablet.
- Accommodation & meal allowance when overnight stays are required
- Protective clothing and uniform will be supplied by the company
Closing date - 19/11/2021
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future