Internal Recruitment & Onboarding Advisor
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are working in partnership with luxury chocolatier Hotel Chocolat to recruit an Internal Recruitment and Onboarding Advisor to support the rapid expansion of their two sites. This position is offered as a 12 Month Fixed-Term Contract in support of the project.
This fantastic business continues to experience unprecedented levels of growth, which will see the site triple in size over the next couple of years, with this recruitment project alone leading to a 40% increase in headcount, and that's just for starters....
Since their inception in 1993, they've been raising the bar as an innovative, authentic and ethical manufacturer, who are passionate about fairness, equality & giving back - three core qualities they also live by as an employer. They are committed to continually investing in their employees and see it as their mission to ensure each person is given the opportunity to learn and grow alongside the business.
As an Internal Recruitment and Onboarding Advisor, you will be:
- A Brand advocate - Fully immersed in the company and passionate about the products produced, company journey and the employee experience
- A Skilled recruiter - Responsible for the recruitment of 200 + people, within 12 months, across both the manufacturing & packing sites from Skilled Operative to Team Lead level.
- A Champion of people - Responsible for the full recruitment & onboarding cycle, from conducting assessment centres and managing offers of employment, through inductions, to supporting new employees during their first 8 weeks in role
Duties will include:
- Working closely with Management team to fully understand the business, its expansion plans, operational culture and the roles to be recruited
- Reviewing and confirming headcount to be recruited across both sites with relevant Managers and Talent Acquisition Manager
- Ensuring any changes to roles, shift patterns or rates are communicated to Hawk 3 Account Manager
- Conducting assessment centres and individual interviews in conjunction with one of the Management team.
- Reviewing assessment centre structure & processes to ensure they are designed to maximise engagement and results.
- Providing feedback to Hawk 3 Account Manager on all interviewees and confirming any offers to be extended
- Ensuring starters are provided with all information and documentation required and RTW checks are completed
- Dealing with any queries raised by new employees prior to start date and during the initial period of their employment
- Raising any issues with Management as appropriate and taking measures to ensure the onboarding experience is positive and inclusive to all new starters.
- Updating spreadsheets with starters and amending headcount accordingly
- Co-ordinating and conducting inductions, with a view to ensuring maximum engagement and that all elements are fit for purpose
- Raising PO numbers and confirming with Hawk 3 as candidates start
- Informing Hawk 3 Account Manager when issues arise and of any leavers
- Working with Hawk 3 Account Manager to resolve any queries or issues raised by new employees during aftercare period.
Experience & skills sought:
- Exceptional communication skills and confidence when presenting to groups of people.
- A background in recruitment and/or onboarding - This could be internal recruitment or agency recruitment that will ideally have included recruiting for shop floor or logistics and manufacturing positions.
- Experience of managing the recruitment cycle from interviewing to supporting new employees during their first few weeks of employment.
- A genuine interest in encouraging diversity and inclusion
- A passion for developing a positive organisational culture, driving levels of engagement and employee retention.
- A desire to act as a brand champion - living and breathing organisational values and fully investing yourself in the company.
- The ability to understand a range of vacancies and the skills required for each
- Strong project management skills and high levels of accuracy in administrative tasks
Hours of work: 8.30AM - 5PM, Monday to Friday
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future