Title: IT 2nd Line Support Engineer
Contract: Full time/ Permanent
Hours: Monday – Friday - 8.30am and 16:00pm (35 hour working week)
Starting Salary: Up to £30,000
On behalf of our client, we are looking for an experienced IT 2nd Line Support Engineer to join a team a skilled team of IT Specialists. You’ll provide first, second and occasional third line user support for all the company’s internal tools and technologies for colleagues across the business, and the thousands of customers.
Duties & Responsibilities of the IT Second Line Support Engineer:
- Liaise with the IT Development and Business Change teams to ensure newly built technologies can be tested and smoothly implemented into the business. Need to ensure that any changes required are documented and implemented to ensure that best performance for the new technology is delivered.
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems.
- Basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls and security.
- Basic remote access solution implementation and support on Citrix.
- Knowledge of building and maintaining an Azure cloud platform.
- Basic knowledge of Kubernetes.
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications and respond accordingly through service tickets.
- System documentation maintenance and review.
- Managing and maintaining the companies approach to Network Security, including monitoring industry news and ensure all platforms are protected.
Requirements of the IT Second Line Support Engineer:
- Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems and network systems
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 R2/2016/2019
- Citrix XenServer
- Microsoft Azure Platform
- Citrix XenApp
- Windows XP through to Windows 10
- Firewall / Security (SonicWall desirable)
- Networks – LAN/WAN/Routers
- Active Directory
- SQL Server
Benefits of working for our client:
- Free Parking, bus discounts, cycling facilities.
- 27 days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays & Additional Paid Leave for your Birthday, Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve.
- Flexible Holidays - taken hourly.
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 help line, including up to 8 free counselling sessions.
- Holiday Exchange - buy / sell holiday.
- Extra holiday for length of service - 1 extra day after 3, 4 & 5 years.
- Length of Service Awards.
- Personal & professional development schemes.
- Colleague Recognition Awards.
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption Pay.
- Free Gym Membership.
- Health Cash Back Plan - generous cash back to manage your wellbeing, including dental, optical, combined therapy towards every day health costs.
- GP Anytime - access to 24/7 prescribing GP for you and your family.
- Contributory Pension Scheme.
- Regular performance-based reviews, rewarding success with a clear progression path for future earnings.
- & Much more!
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client. Anyone wishing for further information or apply directly, please contact Emily Moverley on 07483 006 354 or email email@example.com