IT Support Technician
£22000 - £30000 (depending on experience)
As the Senior IT Technician, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the IT systems, ensuring they are available to support the needs of the business, in coordination with colleagues across the business.
You will be an experienced IT Technician with strong organisation & communications skills. As a Senior member you will be responsible for the delivery of high-quality work and look to continuously add further investment to the company.
- Providing first line technical support for staff and Directors in relation to IT problems, both hardware- and software-related, over the telephone or face-to-face, as appropriate.
- Providing technical support for telecoms issues, including smart phones and first line support for VOIP system issues.
- Providing first line support for photocopier and printer problems.
- Liaising with third party providers for server, photocopier/printer and telephone system support as necessary, to ensure timely resolution of technical problems.
- Assisting with administration of users, groups and security policies, and providing home visits for technical setup of remote workers as necessary.
- Providing administrative and technical support for the firm’s digital dictation system.
- Providing first line support for the case management system, escalating where necessary.
- Working as part of a team to ensure all moves are successfully logged and audits are correct.
- Ensuring continuity of service by monitoring service and network performance, proactively dealing with network and server issues as they arise.
- Any other duties which from time to time are required by the firm.
Job skills requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills, team player.
- Articulate, literate and numerate.
- Previous experience of working in IT Support, ideally in a legal services environment.
- Excellent knowledge of Windows 7-10, Windows Server 2012R2 and 2016, MS Office 2016 and Office 365.
- Experience of supporting printers and multifunctional devices, remote connections and mobile devices.
- Experience of RDS environments, and ideally Citrix environments.
- Proclaim experience an advantage.
- Understanding of IT security.
- Network experience including running of cables, configuring routers and switches.
- Ability to build and maintain PCs and laptops.
- Full driving licence and own vehicle.
- Willingness to work flexibly in line with business needs, including possible out of hours work and working across multiple sites.