IT SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
Hawk 3 are looking to recruit an IT Support Technician for my client, a specialist manufacturer based in Cwmbran. This role is full time, permanent and offers excellent progression opportunities for the right candidate.
The IT Support Technician will support the IT Systems Administrators and Director of IT and Data Services to support our clients' in-house business support IT systems and support their employees with IT related projects issues.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of one years' experience in a similar role however graduates with a related degree will be considered.
Desktop & Application Support:
- Diagnose and repair PC's, laptops, accessories & applications.
- Support Microsoft Office applications.
- Support internal applications.
Install, Configure & Update:
- Setup new desktops, laptops & mobile devices.
- Setup and troubleshoot printers.
- Manage desktop, laptop & server patching.
- Install/maintain anti-virus/anti-malware/security software.
- Support colleagues with IT related problems.
- Help to develop general user IT awareness/skills.
- Help to promote good cyber security
- Work within a manufacturing environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows & Office.
- Basic knowledge of interactive screens.
- Solid knowledge of LAN, TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP.
- Active Directory including Group Policy Management.
- Ability to troubleshoot common hardware/software issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities.
- Ability to quickly gain new skills and knowledge.
- Effectively provide support to users with varying levels of ICT literacy.
- Work as a part of a team.
- Educated to GCSE level essential and must include:
- A level/GNVQ/degree education desired.
- Good literacy & numeracy skills.
- Enthusiasm, energy and commitment
- Good organisation skills
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- A good punctuality and attendance record
- Desire to learn and develop self/skills
- Full DBS Disclosure required
- Minimum of 1 years experience in an IT support role
This role is a permanent contract for 37.5 hour per week Monday to Friday
- 25 days AL plus bank hols
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
After qualifying length of service:
- Share scheme
- Cash Back Health Plan
Closing date is the 16th Sept 2021
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.