Junior IT Technician
Salary: £20,000 - £21,000
Our clients IT Department is committed to building and maintaining safe, secure and efficient IT networks and application systems to promote the use of technology as being core to the organisation's growth plans and sustainability. The Junior IT Technician role will assist in the provision and support of day-to-day use of all the Group's IT systems across its multi-site operations.
Build (hardware and software) and deploy desktop, mobile and peripheral hardware equipment in line with roll out and replacement programme.
- Assist with maintaining network routing and switching hardware.
- Assist with maintaining Group-wide WiFi hardware and communications.
- Maintenance of MS-Windows Active Directory including profiles, security groups and Group Policies.
- Administration of M365 users and groups within NIBE central IT environment.
- Ensure NIBE / Group IT Policies are followed and enforced.
- Assist with the management of our internal phone systems.
- Security of our systems is paramount and therefore system backups, anti-virus and malware
procedures must be continued to be reviewed, tested and updated by all IT staff. Awareness of cyber threats and how to manage them is essential.
- Make effective use of the IT Support Desk to maintain high levels of end user support communication.
- Ensure procedures for environmentally correct disposal of obsolete IT equipment ae followed.
- Train end users to make appropriate and safe use of the IT infrastructure.
- Ensure technical and help documentation is created and maintained.
- Maintain the IT Asset register of equipment, software licences and users.
- Assist members of the IT Department with project objectives where required.
- Communicate effectively with internal customers and offer creative and forward thinking solutions where necessary
Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of Windows Server and desktop operating systems configuration & troubleshooting.
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit is used so a deep understanding of how to utilise this product is
preferred but not essential as training will be given.
- TCP/IP networking, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, GPO, and Powershell scripting skills are beneficial for this position.
- Knowledge of virtual network technologies, specifically VMware.
- Security and backup solutions, particularly, Veaam, CrowdStrike, Cortex, Fortigate.
- Experience in LAN/WAN communications, Firewall and VPN protocols, configuration and wireless networking.
- Experience of IP telephony systems will be advantageous.
- Knowledge of mobile device management.
- Good skills in the use of O365, MS-Teams and other MS E3 subscription products.
- Excellent troubleshooting, diagnostic, problem-solving and communication skills.
- Ability to take direction, assess and prioritise workloads, and self-manage support requests.
- Tolerance and determination with users of all abilities.
- Self-motivated with an attention to detail.
- A full, clean driving licence will be advantageous.
- 6.4 Weeks Holiday
- Flexi working
- Free Eye Test
- Free Parking
Closing date is 14 April 2022
Hawk 3 Talent are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future
Hawk 3 Talent are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.