JUNIOR TECHNICAL ENGINEER
OUTSKIRTS OF NEWPORT
FULL TIME: MON TO THURS 8AM TO 5PM FRI 8AM TO 1PM
Due to business growth, Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are looking to recruit a Junior Technical Engineer our client, a specialist manufacturer based on the outskirts of Newport, South Wales.
Main Purpose of Role
Training to become a Technical Engineer where the role includes understanding, analysing and converting the customers build standard (drawings, specifications, Bills of Materials [BOM’s], etc) to Axioms system and procedural requirements. Building technical knowledge by researching electronic/mechanical components using various sources. Learning how to implement any changes and resolve build standard issues. Understanding how to evaluate alternative components and liaising any conflicts to the customers original requirements with customers and suppliers (internal and external) where required.
Outcomes of Role
- Satisfied internal and external customers.
- Effective and accurate management of customer build standards.
- Effective control of Customer design changes and customer/supplier/internal documentation.
Working with Senior Technical Engineers, PCBA designers and the Engineering Administration team to develop a skill set that is capable of carrying out the following :
- Interpret and analyse customer bills of materials (BOMs) and extract the description and component manufacturer’s order code for each device listed.
- Write and control both customer / internal Engineering Change Notes (ECN’s) understanding the impacts of any changes to the business.
- Study and research electronic and mechanical components using various sources and register them on the company ERP system.
- Resolve component related queries (evaluating alternatives, component identification, production format suitability etc).
- Register alternative devices within the company ERP system and amend the BOM in line with the customers change instruction.
- Liaise with customers and suppliers on product build standard (including resolving obsolescence).
- Work both as part of a project team and on own initiative, managing own workload while also working to a guided approach.
- Support the generation of Design for Manufacturing (DFM) activities.
- Ensure that all company operating values and compliance procedures are adhered to at all times, including quality management, health and safety, legal stipulation, environmental policies and general duty of care.
- Any other duties deemed necessary.
Skills (include professional or educational qualifications required)
A basic understanding of the following engineering functions:-
Salary starting at £25k
Company Pension (company matching employees’ contribution up to 5%)
Cash Plan Medical Cover
Death in Service (6 times annual salary)
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future