Are you an experienced Land Freight Operator with Import Experience? If so this Opportunity might be for you.
Due to increased global growth in the business, Our Client is looking for an individual to join their Land Operations team as a Land Freight Operator for their office in Basildon
The role is dealing with the processing of consignments arriving to the U.K. by road from Europe. The role of a Land Freight Operator would suit someone who is keen to challenge themselves.
Role: Land Freight Operator
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 08.30 hours - 17.30 hours - [one-hour unpaid lunch]
Closing date is 22 nd May 2022
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare import documents in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- Liaise with other offices in the UK, reporting any discrepancies or specific requirements
- Check shipping invoices & packing lists for accuracy.
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with internal and external customers, suppliers, and
other offices, as required by operational procedures.
- Contact delivery UK destinations to book in deliveries
- Ensure that the company operates within all agreed operational procedures, and within statutory
requirements including the provision and maintenance of a safe working environment.
- Perform and correctly implement General Administration, e.g., invoicing, filing, queries, claims,
Skills & Competency:
- Previous experience as a Land Freight Operator or in a similar role preferable (experience in freight over one year)
- Quality organisational skills and ability to manage many tasks or projects at the same time.
- Ability to prioritise own workload but also be able to work as part of a team
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Conversant in IT skills e.g., Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel) and CRM systems.
- Demonstrate working administrative background
- Must have an analytical skill, with a high level of attention to detail.
Along with 20 days annual leave + Public holidays and yearly salary review or client offers the following benefits:
- Confidential EAP platform for you and your immediate family members as spouse/partners and children aged 16 to 24 in full-time education, living in the same household
- Access to our Employee Discounts and Perks, which includes Grocery Shopping, Holidays, Movies, Sports, Wellness and many more.
- After completing six months' service, Death in Service equal to three times your annual salary.
- After one year's service employees are eligible to join the Private Medical Scheme (application process required).
- After one year's service company contributions increase 9% for the Group personal Pension Plan.
- Holiday loyalty days up to a maximum of 5 days (1 per each full year of employment completed)
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are acting as an Employment Agency on behalf of its client
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment, and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.