Learning Support Practitioner
£17,608.26 - £19,917.54
40 Hours per week - Term time only plus 8 additional days
Contract: FTC until August 2022
The main purpose of the role:
As one of our clients Learning Support Practitioners your role will be to assist their students in their residential houses, To help achieve our mission which is to equip young adults with learning disabilities to find sustainable employment in the hospitality sector and to live independently.
As a Learning Support Practitioner, they expect you to have high expectations of all students, and to constantly challenge and stretch each student at every opportunity.
- As an LSP they would always expect you, and under the guidance of the House Team Leaders/Tutors, to support the students in their learning, enabling them to reach their full potential.
- they expect all LSPs to support with managing student behaviour professionally and effectively, seeking further advice and guidance where appropriate.
- Work professionally and collaboratively with the session tutor to develop a positive, constructive, and proactive relationship that benefits the students and contributes significantly to their success within each session and over the duration of the course.
- Use strategies to promote students' wider skills development, such as in communication, self-advocacy, presentation skills and teamwork.
- Work professionally 1:1 with students as directed by House Team Leaders and other LSP's, monitoring their personal management and independent skills.
- Duties will vary, you must expect to diversify and lend a hand wherever is required.
- Experience in a similar role desirable but training can be provided for the right candidate
- Experience in supporting in the care or education industry
- Desirable an understanding of working with people with a disability
- Level 2 in English and Maths
- Desirable Level 3 qualification in education or care
- Full training and continued support
- Life assurance and pension
- Health cash back plan
- Car lease scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Perk box
- Free parking
Closing date is 14th November 2021
Hawk 3 Talent are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future
Hawk 3 Talent are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.